I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Just had RP then a slight erection.

User
Posted 05 Dec 2016 at 19:12

On the 1st December I has my prostate removed by robot. Very sore but walking about the ward next day, then home in the afternoon.

I find the catheter very uncomfortable, but in the early hours of the 3rd I woke up with a very unpleasant sensation from the catheter, I had a slight erection maybe 20% and have continued to get them.

Just looking forward to being able to cough without feeling I have been stabbed.

Catheter out on Friday, I am hoping I won't be too wet afterwards.

All in all I think things are working out well, PSA in a couple of months will be the real test.

Good luck to all.

Nigel

User
Posted 05 Dec 2016 at 23:40

Good luck on Friday Nigel.

Hope all goes well or you

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 06 Dec 2016 at 00:26
Nigel

I'm about a week behind you. My surgery is this Friday. As it gets closer, I am becoming more apprehensive. I wish it wasn't happening to me, but it is. Hope your catheter removal goes smoothly and that you get your continence back quickly.

Walter
User
Posted 07 Dec 2016 at 09:08

Hi Walter,
Good luck on Friday, One thing that may help: I had a lot of abdominal swelling my waist increased by 4" so the jogging bottoms my wife suggested in XXL (normally I have just L) were about the right size for coming home in. Larger pants are also more comfortable (suggested by Lyn). The swelling went down very quickly maybe the next day?

The apprehension is normal and was with me until I went under the anesthetic.

Another tip if you need to cough (don't) hold a pillow tightly over your abdomen, then it won't hurt as much.

Once again I wish you all the very best of luck, and to every one else that is enduring their treatment.