Show search

Notification

Error
<12

Brachytherapy going forward

User
Posted 01 Jul 2018 at 08:50

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your reply,sounds like you  are winning too long may it go on.I must say in general i am feeling a lot better over the last year and less tired and apart from returning from our trip to Spain early last December to sort out an elderly 98 year old mother in law but that is another story all is fine.

Keep in touch with your next results and good luck.

Regards John.

User
Posted 01 Jul 2018 at 09:16
Well done on your results John.

Best Wishes for future success in them

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 25 Sep 2018 at 14:06

Hi all,

Today I have reached two years from my Brachytherapy operation at Mount Vernon and all is well with my Psa dropping slowly from 2.19 in September 2016 to 0.39 in June 2018.with my next blood test due in January 2019.I still get up a couple of times a night for the toilet but with no great urgency but this is much the same as before my operation.

ED is much the same but i still get four blue pills a month on prescription but it could be age related at 72 and don't expect it to improve much. 

Regards John.

User
Posted 24 Dec 2018 at 12:52

Hi Guys & Girls,

I have just got my latest blood test PSA results and the my PSA is down to 0.22 from 0.39 in June 2018 not a bad Christmas present.I was a little worried about this result so got it in before Christmas as the last test had only dropped from 0.44 to 0.39 and i was worrying about a possible bump.

I can know relax until the oncology meeting on the 8th of January and have a few beers and wines.

Wishing all the members and families a peaceful Christmas & New Year and thanks for all your support.

John & Pat.

User
Posted 24 Dec 2018 at 15:12

Great news John and Pat. Have a relaxing Christmas. Best wishes, Ian.

Ido4

User
Posted 24 Dec 2018 at 16:08

Yes great news John and Pat ... Have a great Christmas and New Year. 

I have an appointment on 8th Jan at The Christie with my Urologist to discuss the next stage of my journey.

Will post the results when available.

Regards Tom   

User
Posted 24 Dec 2018 at 16:19
Great result John, enjoy Christmas!
Barry
User
Posted 08 Jan 2019 at 04:13

Hi campers,

Just had telephone call to cancel my appointment with my oncologist tomorrow and given a new date for next week and at the same time given a new member from the oncology team.Ok my PSA is down and it was good to get the results before Christmas but I do seem to get a few dropped meetings does that mean they are happy with my progress so far or is it  i live to near to the hospital.

John.

User
Posted 08 Jan 2019 at 07:18
Sounds more like your onco has left and patients are having to be fitted into other oncos' diaries.
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 08 Jan 2019 at 08:18

I had one meeting with a different consultant oncologist last year and one with a registrar before returning to my original consultant. On both occasions my usual consultant was in the clinic. Not sure why.

Hope appointment goes well next week.

Ian

Ido4

User
Posted 15 Jan 2019 at 15:24

Hi Lads and ladies & Brachy Pals,

Just back from my latest oncology meeting at the Lister Hospital and after a good meeting they have extended my tests to one year so fingers crossed that 2019 could be a better year for us.

Hoping you all have a better year too.

Regards John.