Fantastic result.

Dave

User
Posted 16 Aug 2021 at 17:28

Brilliant result John. 

Ido4

User
Posted 16 Aug 2021 at 21:27

That's brilliant, almost unbelievably low for someone who still has a prostate, but I do know someone else who had brachy, and now has prostatectomy levels of PSA many years later in spite of still having a prostate.

User
Posted 16 Aug 2021 at 22:29

Great result John.

Ange x

User
Posted 17 Aug 2021 at 08:25
Brilliant news for you John. How is your wife - fully recovered?

I hope Chigwell will pop in and give an update on how he is doing as well.

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 17 Aug 2021 at 11:00

Great news 'John the Print', fantastic PSA numbers ,a truly amazing success story and an inspiration for all those early diagnosed who are considering LDR Brachytherapy treatment.                                                                            Thank you Lyn for your enquiry to my PCa current position. I am very happy to tell you all that my most recent PSA Blood Test romped in at 2.9! Yes romped in at 2.9 where it has been hovering for the past 2 years . Since my LDR Brachytherapy procedure in October 2010 my PSA has never dipped below what to me would have been a magical number of -1 but alas that was never to be.  My Consultant Professor comforts me and always reminds me that I still have an intact Prostate and adds that he has never never heard of a patient needing further treatment having reached the 10 years post treatment point.                                                                                         I would like to add for the benefit of newcomers, especially those still deliberating a treatment path, that I am now 77 years old and have played four full rounds of Golf carrying my Golf Clubs, in the last 8 days and on those days that I am not Golfing I ride my Mountain Bike for an hour each time. I am not claiming 'Superman' status but just trying to inspire other men as to how active a man can be after undergoing LDR Brachytherapy. I am one lucky b****** and did the right thing by insisting on regular PSA Blood Tests from 2005 which was four years prior to being diagnosed.

It has just stopped raining here in Chigwell so as they say "on yer bike" well in my case " on me bike" . Best wishes to all and once again "Well done" to John.

Michael aka Chigwell2010.                     

Edited by member 17 Aug 2021 at 11:04  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 17 Aug 2021 at 14:06

Hi Lyn,

Thanks for your comments it is looking good so far even if i cheated at the hospital getting a PSA blood test but we have lost trust with our surgery at the moment not so much over my case but Pat was let down by a locom doctor over a sist on her neck that we ended up going to A&E with to get treatment but it is a long story but a lot better after checkup at hospital.

Pat is a year on from her hip replacement and very lucky to get it done so soon after the covid problems ,She is getting about a lot better and we are hoping to stay away from hospitals for a while as it seems we have had a season ticket at the Lister for the last three years with her Mother and both of us.

As you said our mate Chigwell/Michael would soon be calling in,Well done Michael with your steady results long may it last, so maybe our experiences may help others making a decision to go with Brachytherpy if their numbers are suitable. 

Also a big thanks to Dave64, idol 4,Andy62, and Spaniel, for you comments XX

You have all been a great comfort in strange times and very much like an extended family XX

John & Pat.

User
Posted 18 Aug 2021 at 16:23
Hi John ....great result ... so pleased that your PSA is remaining so low

I guess I was one of the few unlucky ones with LDR Brachytherapy!

I have another appointment with the Oncologist next week so will update every one then

Regards Tom and Colette

User
Posted 18 Aug 2021 at 18:16

Hi Tom,

Nice to hear from you again and still fighting on lets hope your next Oncology meeting can give you a better idea and maybe more treatment options to look at, the numbers are telling me i maybe winning but with this problem we all share we are only one blood test away from a change. I will continue to flush my prostate with wine and raise a glass to a positive result at your next meeting,Take care my friend and keep us up with your results.

Good Luck John.

User
Posted 11 Nov 2021 at 13:45

Hi Ladies and Gentlemen,

I am just boosting my Brachytherpy journey and reasonable progress over the last 5 years after speaking to Ian who was looking for advice and was having problems looking it up.

All well so far and hoping  life will get better and settle down again.

I believe with all the other problems we had with looking after elderly Mother in law my wife Pats two operations and covid restriction that prevented us from traveling i think looking back i had very little time to worry about my prostate cancer apart from the yearly blood tests.

I still log in every day just in case somebody needs a little help with their journey.

Good Luck John.

User
Posted 15 Nov 2021 at 17:12
Good to hear from you again John and may your journeycontinue to be a long and positive one

I'm currently surviving courtesy of 3 monthly 10.8mg Zoladex implants and 4 Enzalutamide tablets/day

The main side effects are regular Hot Flushes; Fatigue and frequent trips to the loo but trying to lead as normal a life as possible

Next Blood Test and meeting with Onco on Dec 3rd so will post updated details shortly afterwards

Regards Tom

User
Posted 16 Nov 2021 at 07:54

Hi Tom,

Nice to hear from you again and you are getting some further treatment but it does baffle me what these different pills and implants do are the put into the prostate or some where else.

I seem to be getting on ok apart from high blood pressure and i get a lot of night sweats but only get up about twice a night for a wee on average.

Pat and i have had enough of doctors and hospitals over the last few years with operations etc so both keeping our heads down.

Please keep in touch and let us know how you are getting on Tom as there are not many Brachytherapy guys on here at the moment.

Take care John.

User
Posted 30 Aug 2022 at 09:19

Hi Guys & Girls,

I have just got my yearly blood tests results back after a struggle with the surgery and four week wait to get a blood test .But all good results PSA 0.04 down from 0.05 last year so i will be around to annoy you for a little longer as long as the heart results come in ok.

I am having a 72 hour heart monitor fitted on Friday but not over worried as my new young doctor seems to enjoy sending me for tests like Echo cardiology last week.

Keep safe Regards John.

User
Posted 25 Dec 2022 at 06:05

Wishing all my friends on here a Merry Christmas & a Happy New year.

Thanks for all your support over the last 6 years and three months, could not have got through without you all.

Love John & Pat XXXXX

User
Posted 23 Aug 2023 at 13:10

Hi Guys & Girls,

Well it's been an eventful 12 months but not so much on the Brachy side apart from reaching 7 years since operation and  because of me not being happy with the receptionists relaying my results last year as just OK but could not give me test numbers i think they have gone over the top with and e-mail this year with half a page ie

<0.10 UG/l (0.0-4.99) complexed psa no longer available total psa result will not be reported below 0.1 UG/I .So i am taking my psa as 0.10 and last year was psa 0.04 so still a little confused has it gone up or down.

Other good news was our Granddaughter gave birth to a little boy at 29 weeks but is out of hospital and doing well.

I still log in every day to keep up with you all and make comments on the Brachy side if it helps as i believe it was the best way for me. good luck.

John & Pat.

Edited by member 23 Aug 2023 at 13:21  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 23 Aug 2023 at 13:44

Good news.

If you want a more accurate PSA reading, you could do one of the GFCT tests by post or local charity. They use TDL who report to 2 decimal places. The range given (0.0-4.99) doesn't apply to you - it's only relevant for a man of your age who hasn't been treated for prostate cancer.

User
Posted 23 Aug 2023 at 15:09

Thanks for the update. I wouldn't worry whether it has gone up or down a fraction. 2.04 is your threshold for biochemical recurrence and you are a long, long way from that.

Dave

User
Posted 24 Aug 2023 at 21:00
Sounds like a good result to me John - I guess it could still be 0.04 anyway if they've stopped reporting below 0.1 so I reckon I'd be having a celebratory drink or two in your shoes! Long may it continue!
User
Posted 25 Aug 2023 at 17:07

Congratulations John on the birth of your great grandson and congratulations on your very steady PSA tracking.

I am always happy to read your inputs and like you I visit the site everyday just on the off chance I could help someone with their decision making.

I am 14.5 years down the line from Diagnosis and never for a moment have I regretted my LDR Brachytherapy choice of treatment. I have been hovering around PSA of 3.5 for the past couple of years and my Consulting Professor, who is currently on strike, don't laugh, says there will be no intervention until and if a PSA of 5 is reached. I have just arrived home from playing Golf which I play 3 times every week and on 8th September will play '100 Holes' in a fund raiser for a local Hospice. I will be celebrating my 4 score years next year and encourage everyone to stay young and beautiful as best they can.

Best wishes, Michael aka Chigwell 2010.

User
Posted 25 Aug 2023 at 17:35

Sounds like your PSA is still very low. Congratulations on the birth of a great grandson and that they are doing well. 

Ido4