I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

CyberKnife - Need your experience

User
Posted 16 Dec 2016 at 11:19
Diagnosis: localized carcinoma of prostrate - October 2016. 3/8 affected .Gleason 3+4 (50%)2/3core, 3+4(30%)2/4core, 3+3(<5%)1/6core.DRE clear. MRI No extra-capsular disease, no evidence of lymphadenopathy. PSA 6.3 , Age 61 years, 53cc post biopsy gland
Medical history : Myocardial infract -16 years ago . One coronary artery sent and since then no issues. Check up with cardiologist regularly.
Erectile dysfunction - 4 1/2 years ago . Pills worked till this year. Injection recommended - (Edex) tried once and worked in physicians office but painful.

TREATMENT proposed :

Hormone therapy (likely bicalutamide 150mg once a day tablet, ) for 3months , then implantation of fiducial markers,MRI and CT scan to design treatment thenCyberKnife radiation for 5 days. Gel to be used to minimize effect on other immediate organs - Space OAR

Please need comments from people who have been treated with CyberKnife or know what to do /expect from this treatment. This is my first choice of treatment now after considering other treatment options.
User
Posted 16 Dec 2016 at 17:15
Hi Bui,

I'm bumping you up the list and hopefully someone with experience of this will be able to help you
User
Posted 16 Dec 2016 at 18:50

Sorry Bui I can only think of 2 other members that have ever had cyberknife and no-one that has had the protective gel so I am not sure you will get the information here that you are looking for.

You could try YANANow (you are not alone now) which is a great site run by a (now deceased) old member here who lived in Australia. Once you are in the site you can search by treatment choice, staging, age etc and are bound to find men who have had the treatment you propose.

Edited by member 16 Dec 2016 at 18:51  | Reason: Not specified

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard