Confined to prostate
PSA 3,5

All options available

Active monitoring
Active surveillance
Surgery ( recommended)
Radiotherapy

We are now referred to see an oncologist to hear their 'pitch'
Will also be sending reports to ask about his cases suitability re the new focal treatment as reported this week ( probably private as not NICE approved)

So a decision to be made

All thoughts gratefully received. The urologist was great and I believe and trust him to be a great surgeon..,also very open about the risks and realities of ED for many after surgery.
User
Posted 22 Dec 2016 at 20:50

Hello Claret

Well at least you know where you stand now and can move forward.

I know you are keen to pursue the focal treatment option. Did you and your husband have any other preferences?

It's a good thing that he has so many choices. I won't offer advice since it has to be your choice. We initially went the AS route followed by seed brachytherapy, which perhaps wasn't offered as an option because your husband is a relatively young man (well - compared to mine he is).

Hope by answering I've pushed you up the list a little in case your post gets a bit lost

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 22 Dec 2016 at 22:28
At age 46 and with Gleason 7 and T3aN0M0, I wasn't offered a choice. I was told surgery was my best option. I wish I had been offered your range of options, but in saying that, I'm not sure how in the world you actually make such a decision. I wish you wisdom as you weigh up your options. In the end, we're in the same boat - PCa and an uncertain future. All the members of this forum will be here to help you.

W
User
Posted 22 Dec 2016 at 22:29

It's T2 as it could be seen on the MpMRI ( which I was 't sure we had had but we did.

He says thi these new MRI's mean the grading system may need an upgrade!

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 22 Dec 2016 at 20:50

Hello Claret

Well at least you know where you stand now and can move forward.

I know you are keen to pursue the focal treatment option. Did you and your husband have any other preferences?

It's a good thing that he has so many choices. I won't offer advice since it has to be your choice. We initially went the AS route followed by seed brachytherapy, which perhaps wasn't offered as an option because your husband is a relatively young man (well - compared to mine he is).

Hope by answering I've pushed you up the list a little in case your post gets a bit lost

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 22 Dec 2016 at 22:28
At age 46 and with Gleason 7 and T3aN0M0, I wasn't offered a choice. I was told surgery was my best option. I wish I had been offered your range of options, but in saying that, I'm not sure how in the world you actually make such a decision. I wish you wisdom as you weigh up your options. In the end, we're in the same boat - PCa and an uncertain future. All the members of this forum will be here to help you.

W
User
Posted 22 Dec 2016 at 22:29

It's T2 as it could be seen on the MpMRI ( which I was 't sure we had had but we did.

He says thi these new MRI's mean the grading system may need an upgrade!