Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Afex

User
Posted 04 Jan 2017 at 16:06
Hi

Has anyone tried the Afex incontinence management system.

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 05 Jan 2017 at 09:15

Doesn't look like anyone has Chris but bumping in case it gets missed.

It can be got on the NHS? so could perhaps experiment with it?

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 05 Jan 2017 at 14:19

Chris,
Hadn't heard about it, but just looked at the Web site and it looks interesting, I'll be sticking to pads for now as they're free!

Off to Onco shortly not expecting good news from bloods though.

Hope the remainder of your treatment is going ok.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL.

Chris.

User
Posted 05 Jan 2017 at 18:32
Just taken delivery today, I wanted to try one for walking and hiking. I got stuck in a traffic jam for 2 hours and it collected all my leaks. Very impressed. I found it very comfortable, and no clammy feeling you get with pads. I got mine privately but they can be had on the NHS for free.

I shall continue with pads at night, and when the Afex "pants " are in the wash.

User
Posted 05 Jan 2017 at 19:12

Good luck Chris and Chris with your appts

Bri

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 05 Jan 2017 at 09:15

Doesn't look like anyone has Chris but bumping in case it gets missed.

It can be got on the NHS? so could perhaps experiment with it?

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 05 Jan 2017 at 14:19

Chris,
Hadn't heard about it, but just looked at the Web site and it looks interesting, I'll be sticking to pads for now as they're free!

Off to Onco shortly not expecting good news from bloods though.

Hope the remainder of your treatment is going ok.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL.

Chris.

User
Posted 05 Jan 2017 at 15:35

Thanks for the replies, not sure if they are new. I picked a leaflet up at a recent support group meeting, as already said they are available on prescription but in the past I have found you can only get one product at a time i.e. pads or conveen. The sales blurb suggests they only cost the NHS £160 per patient per year, but there seems to be a few option non prescription extras.

Chris all the best with the onco, I am off to see consultant next week myself for latest PSA.

thanks Chris  

User
Posted 05 Jan 2017 at 18:32
Just taken delivery today, I wanted to try one for walking and hiking. I got stuck in a traffic jam for 2 hours and it collected all my leaks. Very impressed. I found it very comfortable, and no clammy feeling you get with pads. I got mine privately but they can be had on the NHS for free.

I shall continue with pads at night, and when the Afex "pants " are in the wash.

User
Posted 05 Jan 2017 at 19:12

Good luck Chris and Chris with your appts

Bri

User
Posted 05 Jan 2017 at 19:25
Nigel

Thanks for the feedback, I go out walking most days and seem to leak about 100 MLS just before I get to a loo. The sheaths are great but I don't really warrant wearing them all the time and the Afex system seems to be a possible solution.

Bri

Thanks for your support.

Thanks Chris