I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Bicalutimide

User
Posted 15 Jan 2017 at 10:58

I wonder if anyone else has had bladder/urethra pain after being prescribed bicalutimide

User
Posted 15 Jan 2017 at 15:36

No pain for me, however, bicalutimide proved to be as much use as a chocolate teapot in that it didn't arrest the rise in my PSA.

User
Posted 15 Jan 2017 at 16:19

I took Bicalutamide 150 mg per day for 11 months with no discernible side effects other than fatigue. This was severe for a fortnight but then eased. No other problems

User
Posted 15 Jan 2017 at 16:57

I seem to remember being told that the side effects are proportionate to the effectiveness of the drug which may explain why Chris and Col didn't have many problems?

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 15 Jan 2017 at 18:50
Thanks for the replies. I have been taking the drug for two months (150 mg daily) and my PSA has dropped from 10 to 2.9. I've had a couple of urine tests done a month apart but neither showed any infection. I just get the occasional stabbing pain when I have a wee. Sadly this all comes after brachytherapy two years ago that failed to eradicate the disease.
User
Posted 15 Jan 2017 at 18:55

Prostatitis would not be detected in a urine sample

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 15 Jan 2017 at 19:57
I have heard of prostatitis and have recently stopped having my daily half grapefruit.... there has been a bit of a reduction in the pain so I will see how it goes.