I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

lutetium-177-linked-to-psma

User
Posted 23 Jan 2017 at 11:49
Hi Guys

I thought this may be of interest to some of you

https://prostatecancerinfolink.net/2016/04/26/lutetium-177-linked-to-psma-an-update/

http://up.picr.de/25561104tf.jpg

http://up.picr.de/25561105op.jpg

Roy

Edited by member 23 Jan 2017 at 12:26  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 23 Jan 2017 at 11:49
Hi Guys

I thought this may be of interest to some of you

https://prostatecancerinfolink.net/2016/04/26/lutetium-177-linked-to-psma-an-update/

http://up.picr.de/25561104tf.jpg

http://up.picr.de/25561105op.jpg

Roy

Edited by member 23 Jan 2017 at 12:26  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 23 Jan 2017 at 19:27

Phew bit over my head all that Roy. But how are you doing

Bri

User
Posted 24 Jan 2017 at 22:32

Hi Roy,

Thanks for posting link. Hopefully further clinical trials will show this as a good possibility, particularly for men where their cancer has advanced.

As regards your own situation, could you ask your onco whether HT would be likely to make determination from the MRI scan less effective? Also, could you ask if scan/appointment could be brought forward? The decision to restart HT can be a difficult decision for the patient, (I have been in this position too but got conflicting advice from different hospitals)

Whatever you decide, I hope it helps with tailoring subsequent treatment which is what is needed.

Barry
Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 23 Jan 2017 at 19:27

Phew bit over my head all that Roy. But how are you doing

Bri

User
Posted 23 Jan 2017 at 22:34
Hi Bri

Thanks for asking how I am doing. At the moment I am in limbo and trying to keep my nerve. As you probably know I have mets to the bone and have had SABR to try and sort out, the first being to the 2 pelvic Mets which seem to have done the job, and the last time to the rib which is causing me some confusion in that the PSA after6 weeks had risen from 14 to 16 hence the confusion , so is the PSA coming from the rib in which case my doubling time has gone from 10 weeks to over a year or is it coming from a new area of spread and is now systemic. I am still off hormones so that we can see what's happening at my next appointment in March, so my problem is do I hold my nerve and wait or do I bottle it and start back on the hormones and reign it back, which may mess up the chance of the PET Scan pinpointing the problem, my Onco is not fussed either way, it's my choice, so answers on a postcard please.

Hope you are ok

Roy

User
Posted 24 Jan 2017 at 22:32

Hi Roy,

Thanks for posting link. Hopefully further clinical trials will show this as a good possibility, particularly for men where their cancer has advanced.

As regards your own situation, could you ask your onco whether HT would be likely to make determination from the MRI scan less effective? Also, could you ask if scan/appointment could be brought forward? The decision to restart HT can be a difficult decision for the patient, (I have been in this position too but got conflicting advice from different hospitals)

Whatever you decide, I hope it helps with tailoring subsequent treatment which is what is needed.

Barry
 
Forum Jump  
©2021 Prostate Cancer UK