I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Onc Appointment

User
Posted 24 Jan 2017 at 20:55
Dad saw Urilogist last Friday. Has PC which has spread to bones. Urilogist said that dad should get a letter soon for an appointment with an oncologist. Said this is to look at whether he's suitable for chemo. Dad has congestive heart failure and irregular heartbeat but his condition has improved over the last few years and is managed well. He's started bicalutimide and is feeling really tired but has a bit of energy in the afternoon. He starts the hormone injections in two weeks.

I guess I'm worried that they'll say dads not well enough for chemo and worrying the treatments not going to work for him. He's not having a biopsy, as the consultant fewld the risks of messing with dads warfarin outweigh the benefits. Feeling overwhelmed and swinging from optimism to preparing for the worst (already kind of grieving)

Any questions we can ask the onc? Thank you

User
Posted 24 Jan 2017 at 22:22

Hi Flora

Sorry to hear about your dad. There are lots of good resources on this site and I'm sure other members with relevant experience will give you some advice for your meeting with the oncologist.

Best wishes

Chris

User
Posted 25 Jan 2017 at 08:17

Sorry Flora that dad's PC is worsening.

I wondered perhaps (given his other health problems) it might be wise to contact the nurses on this site and explain and seek their advice as to what questions to ask, given his other problems

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails