I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Sweating

User
Posted 06 Mar 2017 at 13:04
I am having hormone injections & chemo for my aggressive prostate cancer. Does any one have any advise with regards to the heavy sweating? I am doing all the normal things they advise laying on towels, drinking water, cool cloths etc. I have had my second chemo & now I am having more now even during the day.

Thank you

User
Posted 06 Mar 2017 at 15:01

Hi my OH had same treatment last year with same side effects ,they have gradually eased but I don't think they ever go all the time you're on the hormones ,Garys on extra hormones as on the stampede trial so maybe yours will subside more than his did .
Best wishes
Debby

User
Posted 06 Mar 2017 at 16:37

Hi Chalkie3051 ... I have every sympathy for you regarding "sweating" (or "hot flushes").

I have just finished a course of 4x4 weekly implants of Zoladex to reduce the size of my prostate prior to Brachytherapy (see my profile) and this has been the most frustrating side effect.

My wife, bless her, bought me a little hand-held fan and this has been brilliant.

I have also found that a hair dryer (on the cold setting!!) is also very effective, particularly after a warm shower!

Obviously, when out and about, unless you carry a little fan with you, all you can do is strip down to shirt and trousers until you cool down!

For example, I have had to do this every Sunday at church throughout the winter. It really looked odd when everybody else was wrapped up in their large winter coats!!

Good luck and I hope this has helped.

Regard Tom   

User
Posted 06 Mar 2017 at 18:07

Daily sage tablets from Holland & Barrett or another reputable health food shop / supermarket.

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 07 Mar 2017 at 10:55

I tried sage tablets for menopause but they had no effect whatsoever.  A friend advised me to try sage drops instead.  I was skeptical thinking that sage was sage but bought the drops and they work extremely well.   I stopped taking them for a month to see what happened and sure enough the flushes came back (with a vengeance).      

Try sage tablets first as they are cheaper and more convenient but try sage oil if the tablets don't work.  (With the sage oil you take 20 drops in a little water 3 times a day so a bit of a faff - especially when a colleague sees you knocking back a shot glass of liquid and runs into your office in alarm thinking you're a raging alcoholic....)