I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Lost replies

User
Posted 08 Mar 2017 at 00:07

I note that RoyL says his post on 'Has RT failed' previously disappeared.  Twice I have replied to his post but on both occasions a notice has flashed up saying that new posts are sent to the moderators.  It was my understanding that only new conversations were moderated, has this changed or where are my replies?

Barry
User
Posted 08 Mar 2017 at 07:32
B

I had a similar this last night, I posted a reply three times but it never appeared. This morning it is there. I have also noticed some replies appear twice, perhaps that is because members are reposting a failed first attempt.

I have reported my issue to one of the team.

Thanks Chris
User
Posted 08 Mar 2017 at 09:06

Hi Barry & Chris,

Thanks for flagging the issue we are looking into the problem now.

Cheers,

Carol

Digital Manager
Prostate Cancer UK

User
Posted 08 Mar 2017 at 09:29

I have also posted 2 replies this AM that have not appeared in recent conversations. Can they be recovered please?

User
Posted 08 Mar 2017 at 09:42

Hi,

Your posts are now visible.

Thanks,

Carol

Digital Manager
Prostate Cancer UK

User
Posted 08 Mar 2017 at 11:18
Hi Carol

I post a reply to Barry (Man With PC) on my thread today but it took several minutes to appear, so I think there is still a problem unless it is being moderated.

Thanks

Roy
User
Posted 08 Mar 2017 at 12:16

Just happened to me on Dodgy's post. The sending to moderator message.

I lost a reply yesterday (quite a lengthy one to somebody and it got lost and didn't repeat it but it is irritating when you are trying to help somebody and you've wasted your time.

When Dodgy's reply disappeared I was pretty fed up. I went into my history in the hope that I could pick up what I had posted *(I couldn't) but when I went back to the site there was my reply. !!

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 08 Mar 2017 at 12:18

Hi everyone,

Just to clarify at the moment ALL posts including replies require moderation so this will explain the delay in you replies appearing last night as moderation takes place at last frequent intervals out of office hours.

We are working on fixing the issue and hope to have it resolved today but in the meantime please bear with us. We are moderating your posts as they come in so there shouldn't be any significant delays.

Best wishes,

Carol

User
Posted 08 Mar 2017 at 12:20

Well, the same thing's just happened with the above post.

I posted it and it didn't appear.

Go into my history to see if I can find it but it just has the heading of the thread. Clicked on it anyway and there is the above post and that was despite me refreshing the page when it didn't first appear.

We shouldn't have to worry about copying our replies just in case it disappears, because if I'd done that I would have ended up accidentlly duplicating the post

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 08 Mar 2017 at 12:22

Please see my post above explaining the issue your posts are not lost they are just awaiting moderation. Please bear with us as your replies will not appear instantly but they will appear shortly afterwards.

They are not lost and do not need to be repeated.

Thanks,
Carol

User
Posted 08 Mar 2017 at 19:43

I too have lost posts. No immoderate language and could not understand why my post should have been binned. No explanation given. This is not right or fair. This sort of thing is really annoying to regular users!!!!
AC

User
Posted 08 Mar 2017 at 22:07
Me too just posted on the aspirin trial and what do you know it is somewhere in the Bermuda Triangle.

BFN
Julie X
NEVER LAUGH AT A LIVE DRAGON