I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

What happens now then?

User
Posted 20 Mar 2017 at 00:03
Just finished eight weeks of RT and wondering what happens next.

Not seeing my Onc for three months no scans planned just another PSA prior to that meet.

So if that's it then the entire process has been an absolute breeze compared to the dramas of the head and Neck RT I endured a year or so ago.

I guess the downside is H&N rarely returns after two years whereas recurrence rates for locally advanced PC without surgery are apparently 1:3 according to UCL.

So answering my own question seems it just fingers crossed!

M

User
Posted 20 Mar 2017 at 15:56

Hello Martin, can't help so will just bump you in the hope that somebody can answer you

Best Wishes

Sandra

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 20 Mar 2017 at 16:44

Not sure about your recurrence stats. But your oncologist will now monitor your PSA. If you are on HT it should remain low. Once off HT you will probably see a slight rise as you still have a prostate and the HT won't be masking the 'real' PSA score

Bri

User
Posted 22 Mar 2017 at 12:07

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member
Just finished eight weeks of RT and wondering what happens next.

Not seeing my Onc for three months no scans planned just another PSA prior to that meet.

So if that's it then the entire process has been an absolute breeze compared to the dramas of the head and Neck RT I endured a year or so ago.

I guess the downside is H&N rarely returns after two years whereas recurrence rates for locally advanced PC without surgery are apparently 1:3 according to UCL.

So answering my own question seems it just fingers crossed!

M

Martin, yes pretty much answered your own question. To add to Bri's comments to what next is adjusting lifestyle to possibly never knowing. The positive from that is never knowing means recurrence doesn't happen.  

Good luck

Ray