I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Have you signed our petition? - petition,NHS England,treatment,drugs

User
Posted 22 Mar 2017 at 10:19

Just over a week ago now we launched a petition, calling on NHS England and the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) to reconsider proposals that threaten to have a devastating impact on men living with prostate cancer. Thanks to those of you who have signed and shared it, but if you haven’t, there’s still time!

SIGN THE PETITION

What are the proposed plans?

NHS England and NICE are proposing that if any new treatment is approved for use on the NHS in England, but will cost more than a set amount per year overall, then access can be restricted and delayed with no limits on how long this can last. If this was set at £20 million as in their draft proposal this would mean that around 1 in 5 new treatments will potentially be delayed. This undermines what our health service is supposed to be all about.

What do these plans mean for men?

Under these plans, breakthrough treatments for advanced prostate cancer such as enzalutamide and abiraterone may have been delayed for years, and arrived in the NHS too late for the thousands of men whose lives they have extended or may have never arrived at all which would have been catastrophic for patients.

It’s often a struggle to get treatments for advanced prostate cancer approved, and if these plans go ahead it would be even harder, and could mean men will have yet another hurdle to cross when they and their families and friends have little time to waste.

With just over a week before the NHS England board meeting on 30th March 2017, where the final approval for the proposals is set to be made, we need one big final push to reach out to as many people as possible to get behind our petition.

Thank you once again.

Hollie

Edited by member 22 Mar 2017 at 10:19  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 22 Mar 2017 at 10:36

I'm Spanish, entitled to sign? Or my sign is useless?

User
Posted 22 Mar 2017 at 12:28

Done.

User
Posted 22 Mar 2017 at 14:13
Yes
User
Posted 22 Mar 2017 at 14:50
Done
User
Posted 22 Mar 2017 at 14:50
Done
User
Posted 22 Mar 2017 at 16:00

Yes

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 22 Mar 2017 at 16:08

Hi - everyone is eligible to sign it so please go ahead if you haven't, we'd really appreciate your support.

Thanks to everyone else who has signed it http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-smile.gif

User
Posted 22 Mar 2017 at 19:32
BUMP..

Still needs some more to sign to reach target.

User
Posted 22 Mar 2017 at 20:52
Signed

BFN

Julie X

NEVER LAUGH AT A LIVE DRAGON
User
Posted 22 Mar 2017 at 21:03

I can't but I bump.