Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Dad's update (T3b) radio imminent

User
Posted 05 Jun 2017 at 18:47
Hi everyone
So it's been a few months now since Dad got his diagnosis T3b which initially scared the living daylights out of us and February was a very tough month. But it is true that as time goes on you just about manage to live with it although there are good and bad days of course. Dad still pretty much does what he did before although he is more tired. The many trips to the bathroom at night don't help. He's now on his second hormone implant and the radiotherapy is due to begin imminently (possibly next Monday). So we are gearing up for that and he is in the pre planning phase of trying to keep the bowels regular (difficult after various bowel surgeries) plus trying to keep fit and well. Dad remains quite anxious as times as is his nature but he has my sister and I (plus our Mum) keeping him occupied (and the dogs!). I think of everyone on this site often especially those who supported me through those tough first days. Love PenP xxx
User
Posted 05 Jun 2017 at 19:47

Thanks for the update PenP.

I hope the RT goes well and doesn't cause further bowel problems.

It's difficult for you all dealing with an anxious patient but I am sure you will all do your best to support him and keep him steady.

Onwards and upwards.

Best Wishes

Sandra

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails