Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Distinguished Gentlemans Ride

User
Posted 09 Jul 2017 at 07:47

Hi All

Every year, co-ordinated for the same day, there is an international event in hundreds of cities around the world. The aim is to raise awareness & funds for prostate cancer research & mens mental health. It is called the Distinguished Gentlemans Ride & raises millions every year. You may well have heard of it, as a motorcycle ride of style, where the riders of classic & custom motorcycles dress in tweed & cravats & ride through the cities. This year's ride is 24th September. I believe that some of the funds raised will find their way to Prostate Cancer UK, via the Movember Foundation Partnership.

As a local ride host I am in the position of responsibility of organising not only the ride but also the other logistics such as local publicity, marshalling, catering & refreshments. Its not something that can be done by just one man, it needs a team effort. Often support is needed just on the day of the event. So if you would like to support your local ride, whether you are a bike rider or not, then seek out the local ride host & offer or ask how you can help. The most useful way to direct contact is on facebook social media.

Here is a link to the DGR website which will go live at the end of July for fund-raising registration:

http://www.gentlemansride.com/

User
Posted 09 Jul 2017 at 07:47

Hi All

Every year, co-ordinated for the same day, there is an international event in hundreds of cities around the world. The aim is to raise awareness & funds for prostate cancer research & mens mental health. It is called the Distinguished Gentlemans Ride & raises millions every year. You may well have heard of it, as a motorcycle ride of style, where the riders of classic & custom motorcycles dress in tweed & cravats & ride through the cities. This year's ride is 24th September. I believe that some of the funds raised will find their way to Prostate Cancer UK, via the Movember Foundation Partnership.

As a local ride host I am in the position of responsibility of organising not only the ride but also the other logistics such as local publicity, marshalling, catering & refreshments. Its not something that can be done by just one man, it needs a team effort. Often support is needed just on the day of the event. So if you would like to support your local ride, whether you are a bike rider or not, then seek out the local ride host & offer or ask how you can help. The most useful way to direct contact is on facebook social media.

Here is a link to the DGR website which will go live at the end of July for fund-raising registration:

http://www.gentlemansride.com/

User
Posted 18 Dec 2018 at 14:54
I took part in the DGR in September 2018. It was a great experience, but I feel it should be promoted more. I do not think the thousands of people that see hundreds of bikes riding through their towns know why they are there and how they could donate. I will be riding in 2019 all being well. I have not been on my bike since the operation as a) I am still a bit tender underneath, just where I sit on the saddle and b) it is horrible weather. Roll on springtime.
Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 18 Dec 2018 at 14:54
I took part in the DGR in September 2018. It was a great experience, but I feel it should be promoted more. I do not think the thousands of people that see hundreds of bikes riding through their towns know why they are there and how they could donate. I will be riding in 2019 all being well. I have not been on my bike since the operation as a) I am still a bit tender underneath, just where I sit on the saddle and b) it is horrible weather. Roll on springtime.
User
Posted 18 Dec 2018 at 18:52

have taken part in the rides for the last few years and we stop for 30 mins in the Market Square at Cirencester to chat to people about PCa awareness. Loads of people come to look at the bikes and have a chat so it's a great opportunity to pass on the message.

Well done you for being a host.

Hope you are back  in the saddle soon - ride safe.

Kevan