I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Calutide tablet has reduced my PSA level dramatically…. - prostate,prostate cancer

User
Posted 23 Jul 2017 at 19:08

Dear Sir,

I am 45 years old.

On February 2017, I checked my PSA level found 6.83 ng/ml and Gleason’s Grade 3+3=6/10 by biopsy test.

On April 2017, my doctor suggested me to take Hormone Therapy (3 Zoladex Injection). Already I have taken two injections. He also suggested me to take Calutide tablets 50mg per day without any surgery.

On June 17, 2017, again I have checked my PSA found 1.37 ng/ml.

And one month later, on July 20, 2017, I found my PSA Level 0.57 ng/ml.

Could you please give me your opinion or advice at my present situation?

Kind Regards,

M. A Zaman

User
Posted 23 Jul 2017 at 22:54

Hi Mohammad,

I see you joined us in March 2017, according to your profile aged 43 but now in July 2017 you say you are 45, certainly all that HT is very ageing!

Seriously though, we don't know your staging and whether the Calutide tablets (Bicaltutamide) are being given temporarily, because it is unusual in the UK for both to be given regularly at an early stage such as a Gleason 3+3=6 suggests. If surgery has not been mentioned was RT or any other form of treatment? Did you have an MRI scan? What did you consultant say? I do know that for many men Zoladex very quickly and dramatically reduces their PSA and without other treatment it may constrain the cancer for months or years although a major treatment usually becomes necessary sooner or later and HT is usually given prior to and after RT.

Your consultant should tell you which options for major treatment are open to you and what may be particularly suitable in your case. Not all hospitals have all available treatments and consultant's are likely not to mention those not at their hospital. Even where all treatments are available, they all have pros and cons and potential side effects and it is really down to you to decide which is best for you. As a young man you will doubtless take a long tern view.

PS I have since seen you did give some more information in another thread but you did not copy it under your Profile/Bio where we normally look for it.  Also I did respond to your other thread but you did not reply.

You really need to get professional advice to the individual specific questions you are asking

Edited by member 23 Jul 2017 at 23:08  | Reason: Not specified

Barry