Notification

Error
<123

Lutetium 177 - PSMA Treatment

User
Posted 21 Dec 2019 at 21:07

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member

Just to complete my story this far:

The follow up scan showed that the secondary lesions - I had about two dozen - appear to have effectively all disappeared. My PSA has continued to fall and is now 0.76. This is a greater than 99% fall from its peak. My UK oncologist has simply recommended that we monitor over the coming months, i.e. no other adjuvant treatment. 

That is the good news. 

The less good news is that I was admitted to hospital with pulmonary embolisms in both lungs. I'm now on anti-coagulants for 3-6 months. But they seem to be working so far and I am still on track for my skiing trips in the new year - a key objective. 

I learned that PE is very common among cancer patients. In fact it is a major cause of death apart from the cancer itself. Apparently the risk of experiencing PE among prostate cancer patients taking hormone or chemo therapies is 3 to 4 TIMES as great. 

Be aware and ask your onco how to minimise this very real risk. If it is caught early it is relatively well treatable. I think I'm lucky on both fronts. 

User
Posted 01 Jun 2020 at 07:06

Hi Lutetium 177 seems to have gone quiet on this forum, how are all the guys who gave had treatment getting on? Anyone got any updates?

User
Posted 04 Jun 2020 at 13:18
Yes, I gave an update about a month ago on my DJS - My Journey thread.

I had my last cycle of Lutetium 177 treatment (No 5) on 14th May and as per usual, no side effects apart from some minor fatigue in the 1st week following treatment.

My PSA remains around the 20 mark, but they don't seem so bothered with that.

Otherwise all good.

I have not heard from Valleyboy. I hope he is ok

Regards

Dave
"Incurable cancer does not mean it is untreatable and does not mean it is terminal either"
User
Posted 04 Jun 2020 at 13:32
He hasn't logged in since the end of March - fingers crossed he is okay
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard
User
Posted 09 Jun 2020 at 03:41

Fingers crossed. 

I miss him too xx 

Broken crayons still colour 

User
Posted 09 Jun 2020 at 10:18

I think this is bad news re valleyboy:
https://www.carmarthenquinsrfc.co.uk/6081-2

User
Posted 09 Jun 2020 at 14:21
This is such sad news - he died a month after his last post 😥
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard
User
Posted 09 Jun 2020 at 16:02

What a fitting tribute to a brave  man. 

So incredibly sad. 

Love to all of his friends on this forum and to Valleyboy’s family. 

Broken crayons still colour 

User
Posted 09 Jun 2020 at 16:54
I am sure he enjoyed his varied life but died too soon. Thank you for letting us know though.
Barry
User
Posted 09 Jun 2020 at 19:51
Sad times on the forum at the mo. Sad times in general. Sad that he didn’t have chance to say goodbye. Cancer can be so unpredictable and he didn’t take to the treatment like Dave at all :-((
RIP Valleyboy
User
Posted 09 Jun 2020 at 20:00

RIP Valleyboy. 

Ido4

User
Posted 09 Jun 2020 at 22:18

This is such sad news.

He was so positive, even though he was clearly struggling at the end.

I recall a similar situation some years back when ColU_FC and I had just started out on our Docetaxel journey at the same time. Unfortunately he had complications with his treatment and passed away, such a nice guy too and now the same with Valleyboy and the Lutetium 177 treatment.

It really is a lottery as to whether or not the treatment will work for you or not.

Very best wishes to those out there undegoing treatment and rest in peace Valleyboy

Regards

Dave

"Incurable cancer does not mean it is untreatable and does not mean it is terminal either"
User
Posted 09 Jun 2020 at 22:52
RIP Valleyboy you fought so hard right to the end.

Roy
User
Posted 10 Jun 2020 at 10:11
RIP Valleyboy, no double bogeys now my friend, it's all straight drives and eagles galore.
User
Posted 10 Jun 2020 at 12:11
Reading that Obituary obviously a great man. Sometimes we only know the PCa side of people on here.

RIP Valleyboy

Cheers Bill
User
Posted 10 Jun 2020 at 13:12

Rest in peace Valleyboy. 

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 11 Jun 2020 at 23:35
RIP Vb, safe journey

Good luck to everyone coping with the insidious big C

User
Posted 15 Jun 2020 at 21:28

I have only seen this just now, so sad RIP Valleyboy. 

Dream like you have forever, live like you only have today Avatar is me doing the 600 mile Camino de Santiago May 2019