I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Prostap and Cholesterol level

User
Posted 17 Oct 2017 at 15:42
Is there any known relationship between HT with Prostap and Cholesterol levels?

I had mine tested in January '17 and again this week and it's gone up. Not a lot but after the January test I altered a few things in my diet aiming for a reduction. The Pharmacist thought that the HT may cause a rise but it's not a side effect that I have seen reported. I have put on 2-3 kg which was expected. This has taken my BMI to 26 now.

User
Posted 18 Oct 2017 at 00:51

Yes it is a known side effect but not that common - usual advice is to keep an eye on it & try to manage it through diet.

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 24 Nov 2017 at 06:00
My cholesterol levels went up and my GP put me on statins.

Gary

User
Posted 24 Nov 2017 at 16:52

After ten years of zoladex and three months of dexamethasone, for the first time my cholesterol has risen above five. My GP has suggested another blood test early next year and if is still a bit high then statins. Given their anti-cancer properties, that seems a sensible move at 74, anyway. If I could find a way of combating the steroid's weight gaining effect (apart from exercise which I get anyway and dieting even more), I'd be a happy bunny!

AC

User
Posted 26 Nov 2017 at 15:38

That is interesting. My cholesterol has gone up from around 5 to 6 since being on PROSTAP. My GP phoned about three weeks ago and told me since I already have pre hypertension and now elevated cholesterol if an ECG shows any abnormalities I will have to go on medication.  I had a precautionary ECG 10 days ago and will try to manage levels through diet.

Ian

Ido4