HAD BAD PAIN IN MY HIP FOR THREE WEEKS 

NOW WHEN READ UP NOT LOOKING GOOD 

I KNOW ONLY TWO DAYS BUT SO WORRYING

JUST GOT OVER KIDNEY CANCER 

JUST WONDERING PC SURVIVAL RATES

GOT TWO KIDS 10 AND 11

User
Posted 30 Oct 2017 at 08:53

Until you know the extent of your PCa then it’s just a waiting game, there are a few of us on here who have passed the 10 year mark, some still on treatment, me included, you mention your youngsters, well, keep the whole family involved and especially make sure you take someone with you for all your appointments as it’s easy to hear the C word and switch off.

If you click on anyone’s picture you can see their treatment list, if their profiles are kept updated.

Hope it’s not as bad as it seems for you, it’s early days and the treatments are getting better.

Chris.

User
Posted 30 Oct 2017 at 09:53
Hi Amby. Welcome. First thing I would say is don't panic even if it is Cancer. You don't know you definitely have any yet. You still have a very good chance of becoming a very old man.

My husband will be having a Prostatectomy soon and although he had an initial stage given to him we will not have a better idea of his prognosis until they have a look at all of his prostate under the microscope.

This is all very new to me. We knew very little about Prostate cancer until a few months ago but have been reading up about it ever since. Some people don't like to know and that's fine but we feel it helps us with treatment options etc.

I personally find its all the waiting that is very difficult.

It's good that you will be seeing your consultant very quickly.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Ann