I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Had Radical Prostatectomy on 02nov .

User
Posted 20 Nov 2017 at 10:34

Am i rushing to much as i carnt seem to stop leaking, using pads and pants can sombody give me a guide to work from and there soultion..

User
Posted 20 Nov 2017 at 11:44

Hello Brian and welcome to the site.

Your operation was only on 2nd November so about 18 days ago and that is nothing in terms of time and healing.

You have to let your insides heal before you start fretting about how long it is taking to get dry.

Yes, some men find that they are dry immediately, the lucky few, the rest have to relearn control.

Have you been/are you doing your Kegel exercises?

Edited by member 20 Nov 2017 at 14:48  | Reason: Not specified

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 20 Nov 2017 at 14:44
Hello,

Yes it is a it worrying when the catheter is removed & then use the pads to help control the leakage, my hospital provided 2 boxes of pads, and a box of pants free, mind you I handed back a box & a half back to them as I didn't need them after about a month.

Pelvic exercise is a must to get back control of your bladder, it's hard at first but persevere and it can be achieved .

Plan your days out, for instance go to the loo before travelling anywhere , when you arrived look for toilets and make a mental note of where they are for emergency .

Best of Luck

James

User
Posted 23 Nov 2017 at 19:32

Hi, I leaked a lot after I had the catheter out and got very down, I was told by a kind man on this site that the first four weeks are the worst, he gave me hope and he was right, I am now 1 year since the OP, I would say 99% dry, do the prostate exersizes there is a great App which you can download free for Android phones called prostate aerobics it is very good, the main thing be patient it takes time for everything to heal, I was told not to drive for 3 months, it was hard but I think now it helped everything to heal properly,

best wishes

Paul

User
Posted 28 Nov 2017 at 06:32

Do the pelvic exercises as they do work there is even an app you can down load to help you remember to do them .I am nine months post op now and the pads are gone .

Good luck with your journey .

Kevin .