I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

PSA Level Reduced

User
Posted 25 Nov 2017 at 18:23
Had an appointment with Oncologist last week and the PSA is now 0.3 reduced from 1.6 after radiotheraphy , Oncologist was pleased but would have liked the PSA to be lower. However no more appointment until a years time but 3 monthly blood test to check PSA level. When I think the original level was 14 and after having surgery and radiotherapy it is now to 0.3 it is comforting.
User
Posted 25 Nov 2017 at 19:32

Congratulations Trebor.

What a relief for you. Well done

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 26 Nov 2017 at 01:51

Hope it continues to go well but did oncologist say at what point should PSA rise further intervention would be considered?

Barry
User
Posted 27 Nov 2017 at 17:31

James, if that level goes below 0.1, you may have held the beast at bay. If it stays at 0.3, recurrence is possible. That was my nadir, actually, ten years ago.it did come back, but I'm still fighting fit!

AC

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 25 Nov 2017 at 19:32

Congratulations Trebor.

What a relief for you. Well done

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 26 Nov 2017 at 01:51

Hope it continues to go well but did oncologist say at what point should PSA rise further intervention would be considered?

Barry
User
Posted 26 Nov 2017 at 13:15
Good question , this was not mentioned however with the 3 monthly blood test, I am confident they will contact me if the PSA starts to rise , previously after the RP I was contacted by my GP when it rose to 0.5 as well as the oncoIogist thus prompting RT.

I trust they know what their doing and will contact me if there is cause for concern.

User
Posted 27 Nov 2017 at 12:50
No I am not on hormone treatment , it was a choice of hormone treatment when first diagnosed however I chose robotic surgery to rid myself of PCa or so I thought.

James

User
Posted 27 Nov 2017 at 17:31

James, if that level goes below 0.1, you may have held the beast at bay. If it stays at 0.3, recurrence is possible. That was my nadir, actually, ten years ago.it did come back, but I'm still fighting fit!

AC