I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

What are the best Incontinence pads? - Urinary problems,bladder control,incontinence

User
Posted 27 Nov 2017 at 16:46

Hi All

Ok, cant believe I am actually writing this, but I just had an embarrassing accident before getting off the Tube. I was nearly home and thought I could make it. It was fairly quiet so don't think anyone saw anything and I was able to get home quickly. Having said that, I am still really annoyed with myself for not getting off earlier and looking for a toilet. 

The time has come to getting an incontinence pads, shields or whatever. there are loads to choose from and I have no idea where to start. https://www.incontinencesupermarket.co.uk/for-men/pads-for-men/men-shield-pads

Does anyone have any ideas? 

Great advice here too: https://prostatecanceruk.org/prostate-information/guides/how-to-manage/urinary-problems/urinating-more-often

Regards

Michael

User
Posted 27 Nov 2017 at 17:05

Tena for Men are popular and easily purchased - most supermarket chains stick them and offer regular 2 for 1 deals or similar. I bought a pack of Boots own make for John but he felt they were more papery and uncomfortable.

A bit of a postcode lottery but you could ask whether you are entitled to NHS ones in your area?

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 27 Nov 2017 at 19:31
I have used Boots and Tena but preferred Tena. Two and a half years on I still use Tena light pads just for reassurance and really don't notice them.
User
Posted 27 Nov 2017 at 20:01

When I joined this site and had surgery , a very kind man sent me a box of 200 slip pads for men. They were brilliant. I was very lucky with continence so passed them on to another fellow member free of charge. They are made by a company called ID Primarily women’s products but a good pad for men. Very cheap compared to boots and Tena. I still use them very occasionally if I’m light coloured jeans etc. A google search will find them I think it’s ID-direct .com

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 27 Nov 2017 at 17:05

Tena for Men are popular and easily purchased - most supermarket chains stick them and offer regular 2 for 1 deals or similar. I bought a pack of Boots own make for John but he felt they were more papery and uncomfortable.

A bit of a postcode lottery but you could ask whether you are entitled to NHS ones in your area?

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 27 Nov 2017 at 19:31
I have used Boots and Tena but preferred Tena. Two and a half years on I still use Tena light pads just for reassurance and really don't notice them.
User
Posted 27 Nov 2017 at 20:01

When I joined this site and had surgery , a very kind man sent me a box of 200 slip pads for men. They were brilliant. I was very lucky with continence so passed them on to another fellow member free of charge. They are made by a company called ID Primarily women’s products but a good pad for men. Very cheap compared to boots and Tena. I still use them very occasionally if I’m light coloured jeans etc. A google search will find them I think it’s ID-direct .com

User
Posted 04 Dec 2017 at 13:06
Hello Michael

My husband had his prostate removed and uses Tena Men Level 2. We have some spare packets if you would like them.

Kind regards

Jackie

User
Posted 04 Dec 2017 at 23:59

I get mine on the NHS. I used to get Attends but now receive Tena. Both are good.

Stay Calm And Carry On.
User
Posted 07 Dec 2017 at 07:11

Thanks All

I now have Tena, based on your collective advice, and thankfully have not needed to use. But it is very comforting knowing that I have them when I am in long meetings or on long journeys without facilities. 

Regards

Michael

User
Posted 13 Dec 2017 at 14:54

Hello I've only just rediscovered the site. I can't explain why but I'll have a look at home tonight at the one's I used to use and get back to you tomorrow. They were supplied by a company in Southport who were unbelievably helpful in my darkest hour after a radical 6 years ago.