Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Retraining my prostate?

User
Posted 04 Dec 2017 at 18:49

Hi,

Since radiotherapy I've had mush reduced sensation from my prostate. I can feel it being touched, but its no longer an erogenous zone.

Is there a way to "retrain" the tissue? I was wondering about one of these electrical prostate massagers. I wouldn't mind buying one if I thought it would work but they are expensive.

Any thoughts?

User
Posted 04 Dec 2017 at 19:13

No advice on the electric massager although any damage caused to the nerve bundles ( whether surgery or radiotherapy ) can take up to 2 yrs or more to repair. Surgery is drastic but the nerves if spared can recover. However damage to nerves from RT can be permanent unfortunately.

If life gives you lemons , then make lemonade
User
Posted 05 Dec 2017 at 08:26

Are you having hormone therapy following the RT?

That destroyed my libido in a few days. Killed it stone dead. All else followed.

-- Andrew --
"I intend to live forever, or die trying" - Groucho Marx
Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 04 Dec 2017 at 19:13

No advice on the electric massager although any damage caused to the nerve bundles ( whether surgery or radiotherapy ) can take up to 2 yrs or more to repair. Surgery is drastic but the nerves if spared can recover. However damage to nerves from RT can be permanent unfortunately.

If life gives you lemons , then make lemonade
User
Posted 05 Dec 2017 at 08:26

Are you having hormone therapy following the RT?

That destroyed my libido in a few days. Killed it stone dead. All else followed.

-- Andrew --
"I intend to live forever, or die trying" - Groucho Marx
User
Posted 06 Dec 2017 at 14:58

Chemo followed by RT which ended spring 2016. 3 monthly Prostrap hormone therapy since. HT due to stop next May.