I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

x rays for hips

User
Posted 10 Dec 2017 at 09:34

hi,i have been having aches and pains to hips for a while,so gp has referred me for x rays to my hips to see if i have arthritis or if it is my pc, does anyone know what x rays can pick up,has anyone else had similiar thanks.

User
Posted 10 Dec 2017 at 15:28
Radar

I was suffering with hip pain about two and a half years ago, following a very long process( the NHS at it's worst) I eventually had a x-ray in April 2016 and was diagnosed with osteoarthritis. A combination of lower limb exercise classes, naproxen and Co-codamol has left me with a clicky but pain free hip, no longer need the pain killers.

As regards it being the PCa, I was told that mets are unusual if the PSA is below 20, I am sure there may be exceptions.

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 10 Dec 2017 at 17:30

Had problem with knees. X-rays confirmed suspected arthritis. Full body scan (for PCa) showed arthritis additionally in other joints that were not painful or stiff.

Edited by member 10 Dec 2017 at 18:16  | Reason: Not specified

Barry
User
Posted 11 Dec 2017 at 14:41

thanks, i have started doing exercises for osteoarthritis to hips from internet but theres that many will be at it all day,ha.see how i go on for x ray tomorrow.