I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

A New year - new phase of the journey

User
Posted 01 Jan 2018 at 12:18

Happy New Year.  Only a few days to till my op. Friday 5th. the plan had been to get fit before the op, eating weil and exercising in spite of Christmas, but unfortunatly i got a chest infection just before. Saw my GP and he gave me some anibiotics to hit it on the head, and they seem to be working now. Bought some new pants ( not boxer shorts) and pyjamas and booked the taxi. Very apprehensive but as they say you have to remain positive and keep doing the pelvic floor exercises. Back to work for a couple of days to sort out the admin stuff and then it all begins.. Fingers crossed.

User
Posted 01 Jan 2018 at 13:25
I don't think you would be human if you weren't apprehensive about it but it sounds as though you are doing all the right things.
When you get the chance let us know how you get on.
All the very best to you.

Kevan
User
Posted 01 Jan 2018 at 16:41

Good luck for the 5th user151

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 02 Jan 2018 at 13:38

All the best for your opp on the 5th ...

User
Posted 02 Jan 2018 at 16:46
User151

Best wishes for your upcoming op, hope all goes well. Did you get the laxatives 🚾 😕 ?

Thanks Chris
User
Posted 02 Jan 2018 at 19:33

Thank you for all your kind wishes, really appreciate it. Laxatives good idea, already have the prune juice.

User
Posted 03 Jan 2018 at 11:01

Good Luck.

Had my op on the 13th December and am now getting back to normal. I lived off cuppa-soups for the first couple of weeks (with a bit of toast after a week).