Notification

Error
<123

PSMA scan for PSA of 0.023?

User
Posted 12 Aug 2019 at 22:42

Thanks, everyone, for your best wishes

Chris - I hope your cruise is brilliant 

Kayaker Bill - I’ll keep everyone informed on how things go, post-bicalutimide - I’ve had nearly every side effect of the treatment and desperately hope to see an improvement in quality of life once I stop it

User
Posted 24 Aug 2019 at 14:27

To confirm, my oncologist did stop my bicalutimide treatment at our consultation this week.  I was on it for 18 months.  I'm now hoping that excess weight will drop off and that I'll have a bit more energy.

My PSA is <0.006.  She did say it would be ideal if it stayed there but, that even if it did rise, it may settle at a new normal and therefore need no further intervention.  If, God forbid, it goes to around 1.3, that'll be the time to re-scan.

I'm being referred to discuss a penile implant, but that's a story for another day.  If i go ahead, I'll keep the forum up to date.

Ulsterman

User
Posted 24 Aug 2019 at 15:20
Best of luck with it all mate. You’ve been through the lot , belt and braces !!

If life gives you lemons , then make lemonade
User
Posted 25 Aug 2019 at 13:56

All the best Ulsterman. Enjoy being off treatment.

Ido4

User
Posted 25 Aug 2019 at 14:35
Great news.. You've certainly had a tough ride. Fingers crossed all settles down for you now and the other matter is a success.

Ray
User
Posted 25 Aug 2019 at 14:45
Hmm, penile implant?

Doubt if they would do one for my new size on the NHS, perhaps I will have to go bespoke - made to measure on Savile Row - if they have a children’s tailor...

Maybe you can pay a backhander for ‘enhancements’?

Best of luck as ever.

Cheers, John.