Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error
<12

Cabazitaxel Next

User
Posted 30 Apr 2018 at 17:02

A last update on this thread. My oncologist has taken me off cabazitaxel after five cycles as the primary leasion about which he was concerned (in my liver) has shown significant growth since my last scan in December. So the drug, to coin a phrase "just ain't cutting it". Next step is an urgent biopsy, within days, to find out just what is going on in my liver. Seems unlikely to be prostate cancer. Could it be a recurrence of bladder cancer, last seen five or six years ago? Or something new? Meantime, no more three weekly visits for cabazitaxel but I stay on prednisolone, not that using that alone does anything about PCa, as my experience post-docetaxel showed. Oncologist not bothered about that as my PCa is not life limiting (his comforting words) but what is in my liver might be! I don't know my PSA from today's blood test yet, probably 5.something, but it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things.

Onward and upward!

AC

User
Posted 30 Apr 2018 at 18:29
Sorry to hear this news AC. You will know more after the biopsy . Your positive attitude as you meet these challenges is inspirational.
Best wishes to you, Ian.

Ido4

User
Posted 30 Apr 2018 at 19:37

One step forward, two back. Best of luck with the biopsy and please carry on being an inspiration to us all.

David

User
Posted 30 Apr 2018 at 21:22

AC, not the news you wanted to hear. Keep being positive though.

Good luck

Ray

User
Posted 30 Apr 2018 at 21:30
AC, great that you are keeping positive at the commencement of the next part of your journey

Regards

Dave
"Incurable cancer does not mean it is untreatable and does not mean it is terminal either"
User
Posted 30 Apr 2018 at 23:09

Oh AC, I am so sorry to see your update. I hope the biopsy is done soon and the results are with you swiftly

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard