I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Told operation too risky :(

User
Posted 09 Sep 2018 at 12:07
Thank you so much for that Barbara, I 'll try to keep little c in the back of the cupboard until at least 2030 then!!!

Richard, xx.

User
Posted 09 Sep 2018 at 18:52

There are just as many side effects with RT and HT surgery is the gold standard.

User
Posted 09 Sep 2018 at 19:09

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member

There are just as many side effects with RT and HT surgery is the gold standard.

That's really not an accurate statement, Dave. Surgery and HT+RT have very different side-effects, but neither is a "gold standard". They have almost identical long-term success rates, and which is better depends very much on the individual circumstances; every instance of prostate cancer is different. There are cases where a patient will be offered both, and other cases where the MDT will recommend one in preference to the other. In my own case, for example, they gave a strong recommendation that RT was to be preferred to surgery because there was a high risk of surgery not getting a negative surgical margin. 

Chris

User
Posted 09 Sep 2018 at 20:43
Rich , I’ve reported you to the moderators ok. I love a beer too but it’s becoming a regular thing with you to fall out. I was a bit angry when I started for all the right reasons , but at the end of the day we are all really suffering and struggling , but in our own ways yeh !! It’s a free speech forum and abuse of any kind isn’t ok. Just saying ....,,
User
Posted 13 Oct 2018 at 21:34

I have thought about this for a good few weeks now. 2 weeks in Japan which is normally a good leveller.

I think you're answers are so unfair Chris. The moderators have never sanctioned me up to now. You quote free speech and yet report me?. The reason I have been upset in the past is when men brag about having surgery as the gold standard and I'm too advanced for that. How do you think that makes people feel who are told they can't have surgery? Prove that I am out of order because the moderators clearly don't agree. I have no desire to use this site any more - not like last threats to leave, I've already left. It's no good unless you're new. Lyn and Ian are fantastic and I'll miss them.

You...........?                   No.

Edited by member 13 Oct 2018 at 22:28  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 13 Oct 2018 at 22:38

You’ve removed / deleted and in most likelihood already forgotten your offensive single-word posts on this thread whilst under the influence tbh. In fact you thanked me for pulling you up ! 

Edited by member 13 Oct 2018 at 22:39  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 13 Oct 2018 at 23:23
No I have not forgotten anything. I removed the ones you indicated were offensive!
User
Posted 13 Oct 2018 at 23:43
Offensive? Pathetic Chris, really pathetic. You complained so I deleted potentially offensive posts and now you are complaining about that?

I joined here Gleason 9 this year after being oblivious this time last year. Now reading "Staring at the sun" and "With the end in mind". Unlike you they are now a great help and I am not scared.............

User
Posted 10 Nov 2018 at 00:33

Hello,

I'm new to this, my uncle has not long been diagnosed with prostate cancer he recently underwent surgery and now has to have 4 weeks worth of radiotherapy how was the treatment and what was it like he's 79 years old and hasn't really got anyone other than me and my parents. 

User
Posted 10 Nov 2018 at 06:28
Hi Sophie,

Sorry to read of Uncle’s dilemma, but your best bet is if you start your own thread with whatever title you like, and also fill in as many of Uncle’s cancer details as you can on your profile. Click on mine as an example.

That will greatly assist people here to advise you.

Hope all goes well.

Cheers, John.