I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Told operation too risky :(

User
Posted 09 Sep 2018 at 12:07
Thank you so much for that Barbara, I 'll try to keep little c in the back of the cupboard until at least 2030 then!!!

Richard, xx.

User
Posted 09 Sep 2018 at 18:52

There are just as many side effects with RT and HT surgery is the gold standard.

User
Posted 09 Sep 2018 at 19:09

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member

There are just as many side effects with RT and HT surgery is the gold standard.

That's really not an accurate statement, Dave. Surgery and HT+RT have very different side-effects, but neither is a "gold standard". They have almost identical long-term success rates, and which is better depends very much on the individual circumstances; every instance of prostate cancer is different. There are cases where a patient will be offered both, and other cases where the MDT will recommend one in preference to the other. In my own case, for example, they gave a strong recommendation that RT was to be preferred to surgery because there was a high risk of surgery not getting a negative surgical margin. 

Chris

User
Posted 09 Sep 2018 at 20:43
Rich , I’ve reported you to the moderators ok. I love a beer too but it’s becoming a regular thing with you to fall out. I was a bit angry when I started for all the right reasons , but at the end of the day we are all really suffering and struggling , but in our own ways yeh !! It’s a free speech forum and abuse of any kind isn’t ok. Just saying ....,,

If life gives you lemons , then make lemonade

User
Posted 09 Sep 2018 at 20:53
Fair point Chris. You are well in the category of people I will listen to and react accordingly.