I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

anyone with the same experience?

User
Posted 20 Jan 2018 at 18:57

hello, my husband was diagnosed with advanced prostate cancer that has spread to his spine causing nerve damage. All very shocking as his original diagnosis went from anaemia  and osteoporosis to correct and I think missed diagnosis in 2 days to emergency surgery to relieve pressure on spinal cord. we just dont know if he will get all the movement back in his legs or where it might go next. he has just had only 5 days of radiotherapy and i suppose it is a waiting game to see if that has shrunk the tumour away from the spine. His PSA level was 2862!

anyone out there with a similar experience?

User
Posted 20 Jan 2018 at 19:35
HI Maryann,

Sounds very similar to my story.... I was admitted with acute back pain after being diagnosed for 8months with a trapped nerve.... but like your husband I have advanced PCa..... I had emergency RT to relieve pressure on my spinal cord as I had a large tumor between my skull & spine. My Psa reading was 3925..... & after hormone therapy & chemo it’s down to 300. Just coming to terms with it myself & only just started asking questions so can’t really help other than try to stay positive ....the treatment they have available now is much better .... Regards Lloyd

User
Posted 20 Jan 2018 at 21:17

Thank you Lloyd,
Have you regained any mobility lost? My husband wonders if his continuing fatigue is hormone treatment or the cancer? He doesn't want to ask questions about prognosis but is more concerned that he can only get about with a zimmer frame and sometimes crutches.
Maryann

User
Posted 20 Jan 2018 at 21:33
Yes Maryann my mobility is much better since starting treatment..... when I first got out of hospital at the beginning of November I couldn’t walk much further than my house.... but as the treatment started my mobility has returned & now I pretty much feel fit & well.... also I no longer need any pain relief.... hopefully yr husband will improve with more treatment
User
Posted 30 Jan 2018 at 11:54

hi LLoyd, Hubby can now get about a bit better and PSA level down to 300 so that is good. just don't know what prognosis is!