Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Clinical trials?

User
Posted 28 Jan 2018 at 20:23

Hi All,

is there some non-specified qualification needed for clinical trials? For example, do they only offer this to men sub gleason 8 and T1 T2 max?

I've not heard anything mentioned after 5 consultations with big hitter oncologists/urologist/surgeons.......

Richard

User
Posted 28 Jan 2018 at 21:29

The criteria vary from trial to trial - some are for men with early diagnosis but most are for men with incurable and hormone resistant prostate cancer; you also need to be under the care of a hospital that actually takes part in the trials (usually the centres of excellence such as Leeds, Royal Marsden, Christie, Guys, Clatterbridge etc although Stampede operates from loads of different hospitals - see
https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1Z-dSzfcFXd2GgIhIRTbUxddx1tk&ll=52.38417517817947%2C-0.0726105054681625&z=7

You can check the Stampede website to see what they are testing currently - I think they are up to arm J or something like that. The criteria have changed from arm to arm.

Edited by member 28 Jan 2018 at 21:30  | Reason: Not specified

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 29 Jan 2018 at 16:05

The website of Cancer Research UK has a list of prostate cancer clinical trials. It can be found here. There are about 50 trials which are currently recruiting. As Lyn said each one has its own inclusion criteria. Clicking on any of the trials in the list will show the entry criteria as well as other information about the trial.

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 28 Jan 2018 at 21:29

The criteria vary from trial to trial - some are for men with early diagnosis but most are for men with incurable and hormone resistant prostate cancer; you also need to be under the care of a hospital that actually takes part in the trials (usually the centres of excellence such as Leeds, Royal Marsden, Christie, Guys, Clatterbridge etc although Stampede operates from loads of different hospitals - see
https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1Z-dSzfcFXd2GgIhIRTbUxddx1tk&ll=52.38417517817947%2C-0.0726105054681625&z=7

You can check the Stampede website to see what they are testing currently - I think they are up to arm J or something like that. The criteria have changed from arm to arm.

Edited by member 28 Jan 2018 at 21:30  | Reason: Not specified

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 29 Jan 2018 at 16:05

The website of Cancer Research UK has a list of prostate cancer clinical trials. It can be found here. There are about 50 trials which are currently recruiting. As Lyn said each one has its own inclusion criteria. Clicking on any of the trials in the list will show the entry criteria as well as other information about the trial.