I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

urine retention help

User
Posted 04 Feb 2018 at 11:01

hi, been reading a lot about guys having urine retension,i stopped tamousolin about 3 wks ago due to weakness,been on tamousolin since been dx 4 years ago with no problems dont know why i just started having side effects,will stopping tam increase my chances of urine retention ,since stopping tam i find the urgency comes on quicker and harder to control i try to hold off going straight away to try and retrain my bladder but its hard i sometimes dribble a bit,i know that some guys stay on tam to lessen there chance of urine retention,i finished rt sept 29th 2014.any help appreciated.

User
Posted 05 Feb 2018 at 00:31

Tamsulosin can be prescribed for different reasons. I have been taking it for a couple of decades to help relax muscles. (I have a narrowed sphincter). Can't say I noticed any side effects but although I have missed the occasional tablet, I have not tried giving this medication a sufficient break to learn what difference this would make. It seems you are experiencing side effects from stopping. You could resume taking the capsules again to see what difference they make and then discuss with your GP.

Barry
User
Posted 05 Feb 2018 at 09:56

barry,i started to feel very weak thats why i stopped,my flow is not to bad weaker during the night when i am up about 5 times a night,i have got some 2mg destrusitol but i darent take them as i have read it can cause urine retention .