I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Something andnithing

User
Posted 17 Feb 2018 at 20:05
Hi my husband has advanced prostrate cancer he finished his chemo in September , he now has trouble with his feet must troublesome pain especially after rest and feeling cold all the time we just wondered if any one else has ad similar side effects

Thanks julie

User
Posted 17 Feb 2018 at 22:47
Hi Julie

Yes it's known as peripheral neuropathy which affects the nerve endings in the feet, hands etc. I have been suffering from it since my last chemo in November and find it difficult to walk. I was told to try pyridoxine (vitamin B6) but I found it made matters worse, as after researching I found that this particular vitamin can cause peripheral neuropathy which is the direct opposite to what I was hoping it would do,so I tried reducing the dose but it didn't work, so stopped taking it. I believe it can get better over time or it may be Perminant (I hope not). I have gone from being able to walk my dog for five miles to hardly being able to walk so my heart goes out to your husband, it's no fun.

I have just ordered CBD oil which is now legal in the uk to see if that helps with the pain etc as over the counter meds don't touch it. If you find a remedy let me know.

Good luck

Roy

Edited by member 18 Feb 2018 at 20:35  | Reason: Not specified