Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Feeling scared next update

User
Posted 22 Feb 2018 at 08:35
Update on my last post.

We saw kieron's oncologist on Monday. We are having bone/CT scan in next few weeks.

We are also off to The Christie tomorrow to sign up to the toparp study. This is to test if kieron's biopsy will respond to a parp inhibitor. If it does then kieron can start taking this drug. Apologise I have forgotten the drugs name. Unfortunately it can take 6-8 weeks for the test results.

Our oncologist is a wonderful lady who spends time with us, regardless of her busy schedule.

If kieron isn't eligible for the toparp study. He will start on oestrogen and we are on the waiting list for phase 1 trials still too. The phase one trial kieron was hoping to start has been delayed and will only be available from May/June 2018.

At the moment kieron is fit and well apart from being 14 weeks post op from a femor and hip replacement, he starts physio and hydrotherapy on Tuesday to help rebuild his muscle strength.

User
Posted 22 Feb 2018 at 15:24

Hello Kez, well your Kieron is certainly going through it isn't he.

Hopefully somebody will be along to offer advise now that I've bumped you up the list a bit.

I do hope he continues to improve with the hip and femur replacements and wish him good luck with the physio and hydrotherapy

Best Wishes

Sandra

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails