I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Exercise and PCa

User
Posted 03 Mar 2018 at 15:25

A recent meta-analysis of the studies into exercise and PCA has found no conclusive relationship between physical activity and PCa.

As someone who has often fretted about not being able to maintain high levels or even normal levels of physical activity, this comes as pleasant news indeed.  For those that do undertake increased levels of exercise to win or prolong the battle, keep it up.  The psychological benefits in themselves are a great weapon in the war against PCa.

http://www.cancernetwork.com/prostate-cancer/no-definitive-link-found-between-physical-activity-and-prostate-cancer?GUID=F6CF700C-21B6-496F-A435-0CC0D766D17E&elq_cid=24057&elq_mid=478&rememberme=1

Roger
User
Posted 03 Mar 2018 at 19:57
"There was also indication that physical activity after diagnosis of prostate cancer might have a protective effect." - that will keep me walking

Ray

User
Posted 03 Mar 2018 at 21:11

Hi Ray

I wasn't trying to put anyone off exercising and if I were able I'd be out there too with the rest of you "iron men" (or should that be "Irun"), I'd be going for the burn as well.

Certainly seems to be working for you!

p.s. Bet you're glad you left Skeggy. Poor buggers have been snowed in lately (well Wainfleet has that's for sure).:)

Roger
User
Posted 03 Mar 2018 at 23:01

Hi Roger

When we moved to Skeg locals said it never snows here :-) B in law went to Boston for op. They ran out of beds so caught taxi home (circa 2 miles). Police had to come and rescue them :-)

I've recently increased walk to 8 -10 miles. That's not even an early morning stroll for Irun.

Be well

Ray

User
Posted 04 Mar 2018 at 09:21

I can still manage 8 to 10 miles, .............. a year!

Roger
User
Posted 04 Mar 2018 at 11:39
I got a dog - means I have to get out - otherwise I'd just work all the time.

The dog is a lot of fun,

Ulsterman