I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Subcutaneous catheter

User
Posted 11 Mar 2018 at 22:12
Hi, I just had a robotically assisted radical prostatectomy. That was last Tues 6th. I am back home, mobile and all is good. The gas inside in taking its time to go away which has been one of the most uncomfortable aspects. But I am sure in another day or so it will be gone.

My surgeon put in a subcutaneous catheter into my bladder. All has been fine up until today where it now feels very tender. I changed my dressing today and there was no sign of swelling, redness, or discharge. So I am wondering if this is just normal and 5 days after surgery as other parts begin to heal, I am just noticing the issue with the catheter? My urine is generally clear, sometimes pink as small blood clots etc get passed through.

Any thoughts and similar experiences most welcome, as I have another 9 days with it in.

Thanks, Ian

User
Posted 12 Mar 2018 at 08:05
Ian

Do you mean a suprapubic Catheter? Is there a small stitch holding in place ? My suprapubic Catheter has a slight leak around the wound almost all the time, and I did finish up on antibiotics a few days after installation of the SPC. Listen to your own medical team they know more than me but I was told to leave the dressing off after a couple of days.

Thanks Chris