I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Trying to stay strong

User
Posted 20 Mar 2018 at 20:35
We went to see the consultant today for the final results after the PET scan. All the other scans showed something but weren't conclusive. Today as we sat In front of the screen we saw the glow from the tracer. It's in hubbys lymph nodes in his pelvis and stomach. Strangely enough even though he is really fit and well we expected the news. He will be back on hormone injections next week followed by chemo in three months time. I'm worried about the effect on him, he's never still for long and has a physical job. What effect will it have on him. It's the fear of the unknown.

Denise X
User
Posted 20 Mar 2018 at 22:40

Just to say I'm sorry there has been this development Denise and I hope somebody in the same boat will be along with advice for you

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 21 Mar 2018 at 06:20
Thank you. It’s hit my normally strong in every way husband hard this morning. I wish I could make it all go away 😔
Denise x
User
Posted 21 Mar 2018 at 10:07

At the times when it looked like I was heading for the recurrence path it was harder to take than the initial diagnosis. Over the years you've both coped well and stayed positive which I'm sure you will both return to.

Good luck

Ray