I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Psa 134

User
Posted 27 Mar 2018 at 15:40
I had a recent psa blood test which came back at 134.

Today I had a DRE and have been told I need an mri scan and biopsy carried out.

I have read about other guys readings been high readings iverb10 or 20 so am very worried now thst mine is so high and what the scan and biopsy will reveal.

User
Posted 27 Mar 2018 at 17:40

Hi Eddy,

There is little certainty in what a psa result means, it's a matter of probability until further tests are done.  Did the doctor say anything about the DRE.   My GP didn't tell me anything and I didn't ask as I didn't want to know.  You should hear quite quickly about MRI and biopsy dates and it's likely to take another week to get results.  It's always a very worrying time waiting for test results and all I can say from my experience is to try to be optimistic but don't be surprised by whatever happens.  Also keep on top of it and don't let any undue delays occur, and keep us posted.  Hopefully some others will add to this.

Regards
Peter

User
Posted 27 Mar 2018 at 18:09

Hi Eddy,

+1 for what Peter wrote.

I would suggest getting the 'Toolkit' publication by either ringing the number above,  or going to 'Information' at the top, and scrolling down to 'Our Publications' and clicking on 'Toolkit'. I found getting information and understanding helps.

You can also download it online.

Lots of members here have had similar and much higher PSA levels than yours, so don't dispair.

Keep us posted and all the best.

G