I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Prostap Jab

User
Posted 01 Apr 2018 at 16:54
I’ve now had 5 jabs since being diagnosed. No problems with the first 4 but the latest 1 is visible, painful to the touch and painful when I bend. Has anyone else experienced this? Should I go and see my GP’s practice nurse again?
User
Posted 01 Apr 2018 at 23:41

Hi Tonyc
I've had about13 prostate jabs up to now.
Most ave been fine but the odd ones have given bruising and soreness which does eventually go.
If you've a concern tho call the gp to see the nurse. Nothing lost and maybe a gain.
Cheers
Paul

Edited by member 01 Apr 2018 at 23:42  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 02 Apr 2018 at 18:17
One of mine was painful - like a bruise but without the skin discolouration - but the two after have been fine.
User
Posted 08 Jul 2018 at 18:24

If it were me I would get another!

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 01 Apr 2018 at 23:41

Hi Tonyc
I've had about13 prostate jabs up to now.
Most ave been fine but the odd ones have given bruising and soreness which does eventually go.
If you've a concern tho call the gp to see the nurse. Nothing lost and maybe a gain.
Cheers
Paul

Edited by member 01 Apr 2018 at 23:42  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 02 Apr 2018 at 18:17
One of mine was painful - like a bruise but without the skin discolouration - but the two after have been fine.
User
Posted 08 Jul 2018 at 17:47

Picked up my Prostap injection on Friday afternoon
Due for Jab tomorrow at 8.30
I have kept it in the fridge got it out to have a look and it quite clearly says do not keep in fridge

Anybody know if Injection is still ok or will I have to sling it and ask for another

Edited by member 08 Jul 2018 at 17:47  | Reason: spelling correction

User
Posted 08 Jul 2018 at 18:24

If it were me I would get another!

User
Posted 08 Jul 2018 at 20:07
Gary always lets the surgery get it so it’s always waiting for his appointment.the first one was in the stomach but then changed to one that was administered in arm .it must always be vigorously shaken first .

Not sure on storage but I would check first .

Best wishes

Debby

User
Posted 08 Jul 2018 at 22:06

My husband books his Prostap injection leaving  the surgery to organise the prescription. I know it is on his repeat prescription form but it’s much safer for the surgery to organise. 

My advice is to book your Prostap in advance and leave it up to the surgery to obtain it . 

Hope that helps

User
Posted 08 Jul 2018 at 22:49

My surgery leaves the responsibility for obtaining the PROSTAP to me. I don’t have the option to get it delivered and stored there. I generally store it in my garage but during the winter that became a problem as it was too cold.

User
Posted 09 Jul 2018 at 08:18
I'm amazed these surgeries leave something so important to the patient mine is always done by the surgery nurse
User
Posted 10 Jul 2018 at 08:08
When I was on Prostap I had to collect it myself from the local pharmacy and bring it along when I had the jab (done by the duty nurse). I remember that the package clearly said not to refrigerate.

User
Posted 02 Oct 2018 at 23:05
I think it's strictly a matter of being lucky enough to have the right administrator to perform the injection.

I've been on 3 monthly Prostap injections for a year now and can honestly say that as someone who, with age, has seemed to have lost the use of convenient veins in his arms, I much prefer my muscular injection to my PSA jabs .

With many thanks to my un-named NHS nurse !

Still here !

User
Posted 03 Oct 2018 at 10:15

The difference between you getting the Prostap and the practice is purely down to cost.  If you live in a modern Care Commissioning Group (CCG) - the people responsible for deciding which services their GPs should buy in - then the GP will administer, store and monitor the Prostap regime.

If you live in a backward one, then you obtain your own injection.  You can contact your local CCG and find out which services they have bought as they are all different.  Supposed to be a NATIONAL Health Service.  You can monitor their performance on NHS Choices too.

After a year of complaining, badgering, annoying and attending meetings with my local CCG, they have now agreed to provide the same services for Prostate Cancer as the neighbouring areas so we are all treated the same.  The GPs will now provide the drug, administer it and also do the full monitoring from the PSA test.