I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Furosemide

User
Posted 04 Apr 2018 at 22:54
The same week in November last year I was diagnosed with PC I wet told I had heart failure 10 weeks post op, now, due to complications I had my catheter in for 6 weeks, like most I had to deal with in continence, however 2 weeks ago my lungs started to fill with fluid and I was prescribed furosemide which reduce fluid in my body to help with the lungs, so now for 6-7 hours after taking the tablet I pee for England, Scotland and Wales. Not good when incontinent. Looking at all incontinence product to help with the continual stream for this period. I have resorted to wearing a penal clamp not sure if it is the right thing to do but for a short period of time it gives me some freedom and saves me a fortune in pads. Got some Acti pant coming next week. Has anyone else used penal clamps
User
Posted 05 Apr 2018 at 08:47

Hello Tom and welcome to the site

We do have a lot of conversations on here regarding incontinence and now I've bumped you I expect somebody will see your post.

Have you tried the Coveen sheath, at least for getting out and about?

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 05 Apr 2018 at 09:23
Tucker

Not quite sure how long it was since your op, it might help to know. Urology consultants don't like aids to control incontinence too soon after surgery, they say it makes us lazy and means we do not try hard enough to regain control. There have been some members who have used the clamp I am sure they will comment. I have used the conveen system as mentioned by Sandra. The biggest problem was getting them off, even with the adhesive release spray, occasionally I did have the odd accident when releasing a fullish bladder. I have just looked at the acti brief system, they look like a good idea but they do look a bit bulky, I hope you will come back will some feedback when you have tried them. Did you buy them or get a prescription ?

All the best with your recovery.

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 05 Apr 2018 at 09:56
Hi Tom

I have to say that when I was experiencing incontinence following RP and walking seemed to just fill the pads, like Chris I switched to the Conveen system. I didn't have any problems with it and found that psychologically as well as physically it helped my recovery no end. I like walking but having to find somewhere to change the pads was always a worry but the Conveen took away this problem. The same applied with driving long distances with the school minibus.

When I phoned Coloplast about it they were very helpful and arranged for me to get all the supplies on prescription.

All the best.

Kevan

User
Posted 12 Apr 2018 at 18:35
Thank for your replies, I have ditched the clamp and will get some conveens, one the Fusomide has wdarn off I mange really well, if I accidentally on purpose forget to take the fusomide I can manage on one pad a day now which I am happy with at this stage of my recovery. Thanks again🍻