I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

My experience with Bicalutamide - Bicalutamide

User
Posted 16 Apr 2018 at 16:43
This is really just an update on my experience of Bicalutamide tablets. I am on my 10th day of these tablets before starting three monthly Triptorelin injections in 5 days. Initially I was worried reading about all the side-effects that these tablets can cause but I have had absolutely no side-effects at all apart from early morning erections that most men experience Have disappeared.

I should say that I am extremely fit no other illnesses at all normal BMI non-smoker and only occasional social drinking I have been on a 10 day cycling holiday cycling 50+ miles a day whilst taking these tablets. I hope my experience might help somebody

User
Posted 16 Apr 2018 at 18:16

Thanks for the update Pallance.

I'm sure it will be a boost to others going through (or about to start) the Bicalutamide tablets

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 16 Apr 2018 at 18:26

Brilliant - pleased you were able to enjoy the holiday!

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 17 Apr 2018 at 09:21

Same for me with the Bicalutamide. Now on Zoladex - and not really much in the way of side effects either. Occasional tiredness - but that doesn't last more than an hour - and sometimes a hot feeling in my head (as if I'm getting a headache). But no real hot flushes etc. So the HT can have quite limited side effects, while still doing its job. Hope others can be encouraged by the fact that HT can be only minimally disruptive.

Would be interesting to have some research done to see if existing fitness has anything to do with this - like Pallance I'm fit and active, non-smoker, minimal social drinking.

User
Posted 17 Apr 2018 at 19:05

I think I probably qualify as being in the unfit and slightly overweight camp so at least I can say that fitness is probably less important than personal tolerance when it comes to noting side effects. 

My one month of Bicalutamide finished today after receiving my first Prostap jab two weeks ago. In general I have noted little in the way of SE's with a little fatigue and some very mild nausea (which didn't result in any sickness) being the only ones I could mention. In general though I have remained active and in good spirits. I have continued to enjoy a light intake of alcohol (but have noted that pushing the boat out does result in marine disasters!) and have not noted any change to my weight. In fact as the weather has improved and I've become more active and lost a few pounds, but then I suppose it's early days.

Edited by member 17 Apr 2018 at 20:40  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 23 Apr 2018 at 10:51

I will post my progress here to help others. Triptorelin injection today. Bit apprehensive about some of the published allergic reactions possible in the first 48 hours, but apart from that I am really happy that at last my fight back against my cancer begins today

User
Posted 06 May 2018 at 15:02
Well, finished my Bicalutamide 28 day treatment. I must say I experienced zero side effects, so consider myself very lucky. I am 2 weeks into my Triptorelin (Decapeptyl) treatment so will recount my experiences with that in my other post of that title