I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Psa 6.8

User
Posted 08 May 2018 at 18:11
I had a water infection in jan which took two courses of antibiotics to clear it.When I went to my gp for a follow up in feb my psa. Was 6.5 which he said could be down to the infection ,the test was repeated two weeks later and came back as 7.5 .The go said I should see a urologist .When I saw the urologist and told him my symptoms he gave me a Dre which was normal and concluded that I had had prostatitis he said he would contact my gp to organise more antibiotics and to come back in three weeks and to also have a further psa test.The antibiotics were the same ones that didn’t work first time around and when I went back my psa was 6.5 and he said that I should have a mri scan .This came back normal ,I hav no symptoms at all but because of my prostate volume to psa ratio he now says I should have a biopsy and is hinting at cancer I feel confused and worried
User
Posted 08 May 2018 at 23:10

Well the clear scan is good news - perhaps the biopsy is just to be on the safe side.

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard