I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

User Profiles

User
Posted 24 May 2018 at 07:52

Hi, just wondered if anyone else is struggling to read peoples personal profiles/back stories? Since Admin completed the latest system maintenance I can't seem to click on individuals profile pics to read their personal journeys. Is it just me?  Perhaps its something to do with the new GDPR regs? TIA

User
Posted 24 May 2018 at 08:22
if you right click or "hold" your finger on the link and then select open in new window or tab it then works ok
User
Posted 24 May 2018 at 11:48

Hi everyone,

I am sorry to hear that some of you are experiencing problems accessing user profiles. We are currently investigating this issue but it would be helpful if those of you who are unable to access user profiles email onlinecommunity@prostatecanceruk.org with the details of what device you are using e.g.) PC, tablet, mobile phone etc, and what web browser and version you are using. You can usually find your browser version out from the Help | About section in your browser.

This information will help with our investigations in resolving the issue.

Best wishes,
Carol

Digital Manager
Prostate Cancer UK

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 24 May 2018 at 08:07
lisabun

I am having the same trouble.

Alan

User
Posted 24 May 2018 at 08:22
if you right click or "hold" your finger on the link and then select open in new window or tab it then works ok
User
Posted 24 May 2018 at 08:39

It is working fine on my iPad and my phone 

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 24 May 2018 at 08:41
Thought it was me !

On an iPad hold down on avatar and then open in new tab , before clicking up in the far right corner on prostate U.K. .

Also why are some avatars oval and not round ?

User
Posted 24 May 2018 at 10:07
Thanks Merrivale. It's a bit long winded but works!
User
Posted 24 May 2018 at 10:54
I've reported this to "the powers that be". Hopefully it can be fixed reasonably quickly.

Chris

User
Posted 24 May 2018 at 11:04

Works without problem on my laptop ie by clicking on user name or avatar.  I normally use Firefox

Edited by member 25 May 2018 at 15:12  | Reason: Not specified

Barry
User
Posted 24 May 2018 at 11:17
What works for you, Barry? You click on someone's picture or name and their profile appears in a pop-up window, as it did before yesterday's upgrade?

Chris

User
Posted 24 May 2018 at 11:48

Hi everyone,

I am sorry to hear that some of you are experiencing problems accessing user profiles. We are currently investigating this issue but it would be helpful if those of you who are unable to access user profiles email onlinecommunity@prostatecanceruk.org with the details of what device you are using e.g.) PC, tablet, mobile phone etc, and what web browser and version you are using. You can usually find your browser version out from the Help | About section in your browser.

This information will help with our investigations in resolving the issue.

Best wishes,
Carol

Digital Manager
Prostate Cancer UK

User
Posted 24 May 2018 at 15:18

Hi everyone,

For those of you who are experiencing issues accessing user profiles. Please can I ask you to visit the community website using an incognito or private browsing window to see if you still have the same issue?

I’ve included instructions below on how to open incognito/private browsing for popular browsers below:

Firefox browser users

To enable private browsing in Firefox, click on the hamburger icon at the top right and then select New Private Window. You can also just use the CTRL + SHIFT + P keyboard shortcut.

Chrome browser users

To open an incognito window, start Chrome and click the wrench icon in the top right corner of the screen. Click New Incognito Window and start browsing. Alternatively, you can press Ctrl+ Shift + N to bring up a new incognito window without entering the Chrome settings menu.

Internet explorer browser users

Start InPrivate Browsing in Internet Explorer. To launch InPrivate Browsing in Internet Explorer, click on Settings > Safety > InPrivate Browsing. You can also use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+Shift+P to launch it.

Best wishes,
Carol

Digital Manager
Prostate Cancer UK

User
Posted 24 May 2018 at 22:11

on an android phone the incognito seems to fix the profile issue, but there doesn't seem to be an option to  " add to home screen

". 

Thanks Chris

Edited by member 24 May 2018 at 22:16  | Reason: Spelling

User
Posted 25 May 2018 at 08:26

Have  I set something different or has the profile access issue been resolved ?

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 25 May 2018 at 10:42
It's working fine for me again now on iPad x
User
Posted 25 May 2018 at 15:04

I am having the same problem

User
Posted 25 May 2018 at 18:19
Mines still not working properly and also when you press on name underneath avatar it changes from white lettering on blue background to blue on white ???.im using an iPad 2017 model .

Debby

User
Posted 27 May 2018 at 11:02
Now working normally for me again on laptop, phone, and iPad. I certainly haven't changed anything, so I guess they've fixed whatever the problem was!

Chris

User
Posted 27 May 2018 at 11:20
Mines still not working !
User
Posted 27 May 2018 at 19:10

Mine seems to be working the old way (tap the avatar) and the new way (press and hold the avatar and then open new page).

Couldn't seem to get the cursor up to type a reply until I pressed the bold key and then turned it off again. Don't quite understand that one but that's nothing unusual for me. This on my android phone.

User
Posted 27 May 2018 at 19:26
Now mine doesn’t work :-(
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 27 May 2018 at 21:10

Good. I found out last night and thought I'd been blocked

User
Posted 28 May 2018 at 07:37
Mines working again now !
User
Posted 28 May 2018 at 08:29
Mine is still not working.
User
Posted 28 May 2018 at 08:55

Not working for me on iPhone 6...

User
Posted 28 May 2018 at 09:58
I must correct my earlier post.

It's working for me using Firefox on both my desktop and my iPhone/iPad - if I click/tap the icon the profile appears in a pop-up window. If I use the Safari web browser on my iPhone or iPad (ie the standard web browser that's pre-installed on the device) then tapping on the icon doesn't display the profile; I have to use the workaround of "tap and hold" and then "Open in New Tab" from the pop-up menu. So it seems to be browser-related.

Pen, try installing the Firefox web browser from the iPhone's App Store (it's free) and see if it works for you using that. You can always uninstall it afterwards if you don't like it.

Chris

User
Posted 29 May 2018 at 11:19

Hi everyone,

For those of you who are still experiencing issues accessing user profiles. Please can you confirm if you have tried to visit the community website using an incognito or private browsing window to see if this resolves your issue?

Best wishes,

Carol

Digital Manager
Prostate Cancer UK

User
Posted 29 May 2018 at 14:53
Going incognito I had no problem but I can’t access profiles the normal way

User
Posted 06 Jun 2018 at 10:45

Hi everyone,

Are some of you still experiencing issues accessing user profiles? Our developer deployed a fix yesterday which should help resolve the caching issue which has caused this problem for some of you. Please can you let me know if it still proving to be a problem for you?

Best wishes,

Carol

Digital Manager
Prostate Cancer UK

User
Posted 06 Jun 2018 at 16:22

fixed for me

User
Posted 06 Jun 2018 at 19:33
fixed for me
User
Posted 06 Jun 2018 at 19:52
Fixed for me too