Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Late Stage Diagnosis Study

User
Posted 01 Jun 2018 at 13:48

Hi everyone,

Prostate Cancer UK are looking to recruit four men who have received a late stage prostate cancer diagnosis (stage IV), to take part in a small qualitative research study, in the form of depth telephone interviews. This is an exploratory study to help inform a potential larger study that will seek to explore the health seeking behaviours of men diagnosed with prostate cancer at late stage, and to gain a better understanding of the circumstances around late stage diagnosis. 
------------------------------------
Who we are looking for?

To complete this exploratory study, we need to recruit four men who have received a late stage prostate cancer diagnosis (stage IV). 
Participant criteria
• Participants Men diagnosed with prostate cancer at stage IV
• Date of diagnosis On or prior to 28 November 2017
• Total no. of participants 4 
• Age 1 x 50+ / 1 x 60+ / 1 x 70+ / 1 x 80+
--------------------------------
Research methodology

• Format Telephone interview 
• Duration 90 mins
• Date(s) 18th/ 19th/ 20th/ 21st/ or 22nd June 2018 
• Incentive £60

-----------------------------------
Participant requirements

• To be willing and able to take part in a 90-min telephone interview and be prepared to answer questions around their health and behaviour relating to that
• Participants should have access to a phone (preferably a landline), and a space where they will be uninterrupted, and free from distractions 
• There is no pre-task or pre-reading required ahead of the telephone interview

We will need to a pre-assessment  telephone call to check that you meet the requirements before the actual study telephone interview.

If you would be interested in taking part please can you contact either sue.boyes@prostatecanceruk.org  or tony.wong@prostatecanceruk.org 

Edited by moderator 01 Jun 2018 at 13:58  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 01 Jun 2018 at 19:12
Happy to help but I was 48 at full diagnosis of T4 post surgery. Feel free to contact me although I slip out of the criteria slightly