I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Intolerance to alcohol anyone?

User
Posted 07 Jun 2018 at 17:06

I am now on Diethystilbestrol and still having Zoladex three monthly.  Also taking Tamoxifen weekly for breast tenderness.   For the past six months I have found that alcohol is having an increasingly negative effect on me and spoiling my social life !!   I used to be able to enjoy a couple of pints on a daily basis but now struggle to even swallow more than a few mouthfuls.  If I manage to sink a pint I feel spaced out.   I have tried switching to wine or gin on social occasions e.g meals out, but after two glasses I will feel terrible the next day.   Does this happen to anyone else?

Tiredness is also a big problem and I find I often have to resort to having a lie down during the day.

User
Posted 07 Jun 2018 at 18:22
i was on zoladex 2yrs 4mths no problem with alcohol,but they say everyone is different.
User
Posted 07 Jun 2018 at 20:26

I have been on Zoladex for over 2 years now and I noticed instantly after my 1st injection that alcohol had a negative effect with both taste and making me dizzy. So I have been teetotal now for over 2 years.

I feel so much better for it too and I don't miss alcohol at all. I feel much better for it to be honest

My GP was the one that pointed out that Zoladex can have this effect so it appears that i am not alone

Regards

Dave

Edited by member 07 Jun 2018 at 20:30  | Reason: Not specified

"Incurable cancer does not mean it is untreatable and does not mean it is terminal either"
User
Posted 11 Jun 2018 at 18:11

I am on Prostap and have no problem with some wine over dinner followed by a pint or maybe two of beer/cider post meal. Anything more than that sees me feeling tired and lethargic the next day. I try to have at least one alcohol free evening a week, possibly two.

Perhaps changing from Zolly to Prostap might help, but I suspect it might be a reaction to the other medication you mention.

User
Posted 12 Jun 2018 at 11:46

Thanks very interesting to know I am not alone