Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Ht changed from Degarelix to Zoladex

User
Posted 19 Jun 2018 at 10:27

Hi all, 

Havent logged in for a while so hope everyones ok? 

After advice.... doctors have changed my HT from degarelix to Zoladex.... was wondering if anyone else had experienced this & why as I couldn’t really get a clear answer. Also I’ve been experiencing pain in my ankles for about 5 weeks now.... I put it down to muscle pain after returning to work put my family are saying it’s gone on too long now & have booked me a doctors app.... just wondering if anyone else has experienced ankle pain on ht.... last scan didnt  show mets in legs other than right femur done.... but that was back in October 17.... could mets spread that quickly whilst on ht & chemo (which ended March 29th) tia

User
Posted 19 Jun 2018 at 12:54
Hi my OH also suffers ankle / Achilles pain and has done ever since treatment started, 2 1/2yrs ago .

Prostap/chemo and now stampede trial arm j .hes never really got an answer .

He helps it by wearing boots that encase the ankle when we go out walking and also stretching them before getting out of bed .

Hope this helps

Debby

User
Posted 19 Jun 2018 at 18:45

What has been happening with your PSA recently? Has it started to jump around a bit? Have you struggled with the side effects? Degarelix and Zoladex are not quite the same action so they are not a straightforward swap like Zoladex and Prostap would be. What answers / explanations have you managed to drag out of them? And perhaps most important, who are ‘they’ ... the oncologist or the GP or someone else? 

Edited by member 19 Jun 2018 at 18:46  | Reason: Not specified

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 19 Jun 2018 at 19:35

It was my oncologist... & my PSA was down to 0.01 when I saw him & this was when he changed me to zolodex.... I was originally on Zoladex then changed to degarelix & now back to Zoladex.....he just said I have better results.... but I was getting that from degarelix 🤔

User
Posted 29 Nov 2018 at 21:50
Any good advice 're the Achilles tendonitis? I was on arm j of stampede trial (enzalutimide, abiraterone, prednisolone) finishing just about a year ago in addition to Zoladex and radiotherapy, finished all treatment June this year. Both Achilles tendons pretty sore, have been throughout which one may expect. Whilst seeing GP recently for something else mentioned my achilles' & he said tendonitis, stretch the calfs/achilles etc ( I might go back soon specifically 're achilles). I have been stretching then regularly and exercise as well (little often) but no change. Has anyone been able to do anything to heal the Achilles tendons?

Peter