I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

referred back to gp

User
Posted 21 Jun 2018 at 12:43

hi,just got back from hospital for my 6 month check up,psa 0.01 testesterone started to appear 5.9.its been 2yrs since stopping zoladex,saw macmillan urology nurse and she has referred me back to my gp for my next psa test in december is this normal,she asked me how im feeling i said still gettin aches and pains and she said some people take longer to recover,with me been high risk i thought i would stop with urology,i asked if i could have psa test every 3 mths but no she said 6mths michael,but still a good result today though,cheers.

User
Posted 21 Jun 2018 at 14:24

Good to hear.   On GP referral, 15 months after my op I was told I was stable and could go to my GP or keep coming to the hosp.    I asked for a phone appointment with anyone sensible  or a hosp appt as I didn't want to be discharged.  Not being discharged seemed quite important to me as I thought Icould get back faster if needed.

One other factor is that my GP and that hospital can't see each others data on line.

I later got a letter offering a phone appointment with a sister. I'm only interested in my psa level.

Edited by member 21 Jun 2018 at 14:30  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 21 Jun 2018 at 14:44
Brilliant Radar - being moved to 6 months is a really good sign.
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 21 Jun 2018 at 20:19
thanks,she also asked if im eating ok i said yes but i dont have dairy or red meat ,she said michael there is no evidence against them.i said i have read a lot about dairy and red meat,she said i might be reading too much,ok in moderation.