I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Radio Therapy Anthem....Calling all air guitarists!

User
Posted 27 Jun 2018 at 18:25

This is written for all of us going through RT at the present time. We all approach our treatment in individual ways and mine is to have a tune or song that inspires me to face the RT head on and look forward to the end of the course. I play it 'loud and proud' as I drive to the hospital each day and I just wanted to share it with those that might enjoy it too.

Being a bit of a closet country/southern rock fan I love the song anyway but I also found the words (with a little mental adaptation) worked well for me and the message is very clear......

So get out your best air guitar and join me in this 'Radio Therapy Anthem'....

Brothers Osbourne - Shoot me Straight (Full version)

Edited by member 20 Jul 2018 at 08:47  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 27 Jun 2018 at 22:43

When David had his RT he listened to the Hollies and Beach Boys every day. It became  part of his daily ritual. He had to stay away from home for five weeks as we live rurally, and hated being away. He finished the RT two years ago, and finished three years of HT last month. It’s been a long three years, and he’s so relieved to have completed the course. David is a  pro musician and plays and sings every day, the routines have helped him through  some bleak days. Music is very important to him. 

The radio therapy anthem is a great idea! 

Leila 

User
Posted 28 Jun 2018 at 08:54
Back in Black by ACDC. Very motivational!