I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Latest Brachytherapy result

User
Posted 29 Jun 2018 at 18:16

John has an appointment at Royal London on 5th July but has today received his latest PSA result.

It is down to 0.1ug/L from the previous 3 or 4 readings of 0.2.

There is also a reading of 0.00-7.20ug/L  but no indication as to what it is apart from under the PSA heading it says

"NOTE - NEW METHOD INTRODUCED INTRODUCED 13TH MARCH 2018. Updated reference range applies."

I am assuming the 0.00-7.20 ug/l refers to a new way of reading the result?

We think that probably on the 5th John will be referred back for regular annual GP checks and the hospital will sign him off.

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 29 Jun 2018 at 20:14

Sandra

Best wishes for your meeting next week and good news on the PSA result. 

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 30 Jun 2018 at 12:49
Sandra.... Great news may it continue for as long as necessary

You were the first to respond to my initial post and welcome me to the site for I will be eternally grateful. Thank you

My next PSA measurement is due in about 2 weeks time and I am hoping that it will be lower than the previous one of 3.4 ug/l in April!

Regards Tom

User
Posted 01 Jul 2018 at 08:41

Hi Johsan,

Great news i am very pleased for you but don't understand the second bit,I had my latest PSA result last week down to 0.39 with next one January 2019.Long may it continue and good luck for the future.

Regards John.

User
Posted 01 Jul 2018 at 23:00
Always good to hear good news. Well done and keep us updated with the new method

Bri

User
Posted 02 Jul 2018 at 04:37

Hi Sandra,

Sounds like really good news.  Long may it continue (I'm sure it will). I'm so pleased for you both.

I could never thank you enough for all the help you've been to me, especially when I needed it most.  You always knew how to give the right support when I was at my lowest point and helped convinced me that things would only get better. I'm sure many others on this site feel the same about the help you've given them.

Thank you, Sandra.

Steve x

Edited by member 02 Jul 2018 at 04:50  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 06 Jul 2018 at 13:33

Hi Johsan,

Fantastic news for you and John long may it continue and good luck with you future.But letting John go to London on his own even my wife won't allow that,I might get in trouble. Ha Ha.

John.

User
Posted 06 Jul 2018 at 20:49
Very, very happy for you both Johsan- lots of love from sunny Dordogne xxx
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 29 Jun 2018 at 20:14

Sandra

Best wishes for your meeting next week and good news on the PSA result. 

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 30 Jun 2018 at 12:49
Sandra.... Great news may it continue for as long as necessary

You were the first to respond to my initial post and welcome me to the site for I will be eternally grateful. Thank you

My next PSA measurement is due in about 2 weeks time and I am hoping that it will be lower than the previous one of 3.4 ug/l in April!

Regards Tom

User
Posted 30 Jun 2018 at 19:55
Thanks Chris

Good luck with yours too Tom

User
Posted 01 Jul 2018 at 08:41

Hi Johsan,

Great news i am very pleased for you but don't understand the second bit,I had my latest PSA result last week down to 0.39 with next one January 2019.Long may it continue and good luck for the future.

Regards John.

User
Posted 01 Jul 2018 at 09:18
Thanks John. I don't understand it either.

We are assuming that it's another way of measuring since it says it's a new method. We are hoping they have just given both measurements.

Good luck to you too.

I wonder how Kennt is getting on as he doesn't appear to have posted his updates for a while (unless I missed it when away of course)

User
Posted 01 Jul 2018 at 23:00
Always good to hear good news. Well done and keep us updated with the new method

Bri

User
Posted 02 Jul 2018 at 04:37

Hi Sandra,

Sounds like really good news.  Long may it continue (I'm sure it will). I'm so pleased for you both.

I could never thank you enough for all the help you've been to me, especially when I needed it most.  You always knew how to give the right support when I was at my lowest point and helped convinced me that things would only get better. I'm sure many others on this site feel the same about the help you've given them.

Thank you, Sandra.

Steve x

Edited by member 02 Jul 2018 at 04:50  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 02 Jul 2018 at 09:09

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member

Hi Sandra,

Thank you, Sandra.

Steve x

AWWWW shucks Steve !! Thank you

User
Posted 06 Jul 2018 at 09:07
John went by himself to London yesterday and had a long wait to see the doctor but it was worth it!

He saw a young registrar, who then went and confirmed with the main man, that John's PSA of 0.1 meant he could be signed off into our GP's care.

It has been emphasised by the consultant though, that the GP has to give him a PSA on an annual basis and if it goes up to 4.0 (yes, as high as 4.0) then he will need to be referred back for further investigation.

A relief all round as you can imagine.

Good luck to everyone else on this journey

User
Posted 06 Jul 2018 at 13:33

Hi Johsan,

Fantastic news for you and John long may it continue and good luck with you future.But letting John go to London on his own even my wife won't allow that,I might get in trouble. Ha Ha.

John.

User
Posted 06 Jul 2018 at 20:49
Very, very happy for you both Johsan- lots of love from sunny Dordogne xxx
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 06 Jul 2018 at 22:57
Thank you all for your good wishes