Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Brachytherapy one week on...

User
Posted 01 Jul 2018 at 12:43

Hi everyone

I had my brachytherapy procedure just over a week ago.

So far the side effects are minimal.  Just a few more visits to the toilet and feeling a bit more tired than usual in the evenings.

Obviously hoping for this to continue, but aware that side effects can be delayed after the op.

Anybody had a similar experience in the first week?  If so, how did the next few weeks go?

Thanks!

Laurence

User
Posted 01 Jul 2018 at 12:43

Hi everyone

I had my brachytherapy procedure just over a week ago.

So far the side effects are minimal.  Just a few more visits to the toilet and feeling a bit more tired than usual in the evenings.

Obviously hoping for this to continue, but aware that side effects can be delayed after the op.

Anybody had a similar experience in the first week?  If so, how did the next few weeks go?

Thanks!

Laurence

User
Posted 02 Jul 2018 at 12:10

Hi John

Thanks so much for taking the trouble to reply, I really appreciate it.

That is very helpful and encouraging.

Laurence

User
Posted 17 Aug 2018 at 07:20

Can I just also say thanks to you and to the others posting on this thread. I'm currently trying to decide between brachytherapy and HIFU and this is just the sort of information that helps me understand what the effects of the options are. Johsan's diary is also very useful, so thanks for that too.

Rick

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 02 Jul 2018 at 11:15

Hi Laurence,

I had my Brachytherapy in September 2016 and the operation at Mount Vernon went very well with discomfort but not enough pain to take lots of pain killers and apart from the pills for infection and Tamulosin  all went well over the next few weeks and further.

Of course it was a bit tender with the urgency to pee often but apart from that i was surprised how the weeks and months went by with no real problems apart from getting up a few times at night and i still get up maybe three to four times but i have for many years before, there is no real urgency but it just what i do you may be different.My original PSA was 2.19 before Brachy and 21 months on is 0.39 with blood test up to six months.

Good luck John. 

User
Posted 02 Jul 2018 at 12:10

Hi John

Thanks so much for taking the trouble to reply, I really appreciate it.

That is very helpful and encouraging.

Laurence

User
Posted 04 Jul 2018 at 10:00

Hi Laurence,

Keep in touch as you progress there are not many Brachytherapy people to talk to so it does help to cross reference progress over the months after the operation.Any thing else i can help you with please don't be afraid to ask.

Regards John.

User
Posted 04 Jul 2018 at 10:04

Thanks John.

That is very kind of you.

Laurence

User
Posted 16 Aug 2018 at 17:50
Good to read this I started hormone tablets yesterday and have the implant next Tuesday then between month 3 and 6 I will be having Brachytherapy so interested in learning as much as possible between now and then. Good luck to both of you and thanks for info on here.
User
Posted 17 Aug 2018 at 05:04
Hello Laurence and not4me.

My husband had the seed brachytherapy around 4 years ago now and all went (and still goes) relatively well.

I do update his profile of his journey so if you click on my avatar and look at the profile you can read it in the form of a diary,

Good luck to both of you

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 17 Aug 2018 at 07:20

Can I just also say thanks to you and to the others posting on this thread. I'm currently trying to decide between brachytherapy and HIFU and this is just the sort of information that helps me understand what the effects of the options are. Johsan's diary is also very useful, so thanks for that too.

Rick

User
Posted 21 Aug 2018 at 20:57

Hi had my brachy nearly two years ago and my PSA is presently undetectable and the only side effect i have had was approx two months ago and this was a slight discomfort when urinating I thought it might be late onset proctitis (think thats what its called) as a result of the RT.

i also placed a urine sample with the GP to check for infection (it came back clear) was going to make an appointment with GP but cancelled when the soreness/discomfort cleared 

pleas read my profile (skip to the last page ) where i go through all of my diagnoses, treatment, recovery, up to two months ago.