I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

'Jackie Gleason said...'

User
Posted 14 Jul 2018 at 08:10

Brief update to my previous posts... I'm tired, so a little-less humour this time.

This week had biopsy result... Gleason 8 (4+4).
'Oh, you clearly missed it then' jokes-I with the urologist - we'd both been expecting higher.

[For some odd reason, I now refer to 'my Jackie Gleason score' (the actor).]

Had bone scan same day... after joking with urology nurse that 'I'd either peed-out all the water I'd been asked to drink, or was going into Acute Urinary Retention'.

An hour-or-so later the bone scan was aborted by an emergency transfer to A&E... for a hosepipe to be shoved-up my wizzer.

Apparently the radioactive tracer had sent my bladder sphincter into spasm and hence the AUR.

So, hours later, after catheterisation, kidney tests, etcetera... me and a large bag of nuclear p*ss return to the bone scan... wondering whether to laugh, cry, or launch a pre-emptive tactical strike on Paignton [nearest local town].

Have begun hormones... so an increased penchant for Adele rekkerds and re-runs of West Side Story loom large.

Good news is, as cancer patient I get free hospital parking.

It's all good (or could be a helluva lot worse). Woo-hoo!

And, in closing, as usual my genuine best wishes to all who're struggling - humour helps me (and from feedback received, others too).

Right, now let's pop to the shops and get a new handbag.

Edited by member 14 Jul 2018 at 11:34  | Reason: Typo

User
Posted 14 Jul 2018 at 08:10

Brief update to my previous posts... I'm tired, so a little-less humour this time.

This week had biopsy result... Gleason 8 (4+4).
'Oh, you clearly missed it then' jokes-I with the urologist - we'd both been expecting higher.

[For some odd reason, I now refer to 'my Jackie Gleason score' (the actor).]

Had bone scan same day... after joking with urology nurse that 'I'd either peed-out all the water I'd been asked to drink, or was going into Acute Urinary Retention'.

An hour-or-so later the bone scan was aborted by an emergency transfer to A&E... for a hosepipe to be shoved-up my wizzer.

Apparently the radioactive tracer had sent my bladder sphincter into spasm and hence the AUR.

So, hours later, after catheterisation, kidney tests, etcetera... me and a large bag of nuclear p*ss return to the bone scan... wondering whether to laugh, cry, or launch a pre-emptive tactical strike on Paignton [nearest local town].

Have begun hormones... so an increased penchant for Adele rekkerds and re-runs of West Side Story loom large.

Good news is, as cancer patient I get free hospital parking.

It's all good (or could be a helluva lot worse). Woo-hoo!

And, in closing, as usual my genuine best wishes to all who're struggling - humour helps me (and from feedback received, others too).

Right, now let's pop to the shops and get a new handbag.

Edited by member 14 Jul 2018 at 11:34  | Reason: Typo

User
Posted 14 Jul 2018 at 20:03
@colwickchris and @Johsan

My thanks to you both.

Genuinely appreciated.

:-)

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 14 Jul 2018 at 11:26
While you’re down the shops, book a fitting for next month at Marks & Spencer for your new bra!

Cheers, John

User
Posted 14 Jul 2018 at 11:33

@Bollinge...

Nice one.

'Warped minds think alike...'

User
Posted 14 Jul 2018 at 15:17

G

Your posts bring a smile too my face. Best wishes with your treatment.

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 14 Jul 2018 at 18:31
Glad your humour helps. Like Chris it brought a smile to my face

Good luck

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 14 Jul 2018 at 20:03
@colwickchris and @Johsan

My thanks to you both.

Genuinely appreciated.

User
Posted 15 Jul 2018 at 07:41
Re premptive strike on Paignton, nearly p****d myself

good job you didn't! !!

User
Posted 16 Jul 2018 at 04:42
@francij1

> Re premptive strike on Paignton - nearly p****d myself, good job you didn't

Thanks.

With a catheter, I did (couldn't not do).